This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Art Advice Needed: Glue

I've started doing mixed media pieces using clippings from magazines. And I'd like to figure out the best adhesive for keeping paper in place without the glue itself being so obvious.

What do you use for paper on paper? Is there a glue technique you've found that does the trick without seeming amateurish or does it matter one way or the other?
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Rubber cement or something else that dries clear, perhaps? Alternatively, a glue *stick* rather than liquid glue, as you can just flip the item you need attached over and get close to the edges. Just lay it down (updisde down) on some scratch paper or whatever (in case you go over the edges) before doing so.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'll use a glue stick or spray adhesive, depending on the project. If using a glue stick, make sure it hasn't become gummy and gross because it will affect your finished project.

Comment

I'd go with spray adhesive. While rubber cement will work, it can crinkle some types of paper, especially the type usually used in magazines.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X