This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Costumes: Minimal Effort yet %100 complete

Last year I glued a letter H to a headband and went as a hard light hologram. It was easy to explain even to people who didn't know Red Dwarf (which was every customer except for one).

This year I'm making a name badge with Up and Down Vote buttons. Fans of Orville may recognize it as the badge from Majority Rules but if anyone asks I'll just tell them I'm a Reddit post.

What's the least amount of effort you put into a one hundred percent complete costume?
    Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

The neighborhood psychopath. They look just like everybody else.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Eric, that's great. I have always put a lot of effort, so I can't answer. Go big or go home is my motto. I guess a simple one for me would be space: black sweats and t-shirt with pinholes in it, string lights worn inside to make stars/planets. The simplest I have done was to go as a dancer wearing clothes I already had that would be appropriate for warm-up attire. Hair in a bun and you're done.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Nude with a strategically placed gift tag stating, "Pull Toy".
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

FL - Addams Family movie from the 90's

*delayed edit*: Also, I'm lazy.
          Last edited by EricKei; 09-14-2020, 09:21 PM. Reason: too lazy to come up with an exc--
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Black clothes, sign around neck, white lettering on BSOD-blue background: "404 Error. Costume Not Found."
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

My favorite Halloween costume, and the only one I truly remember, is one of the rare times when my mother did something wonderful for me, without judging me.

She got posterboard, then borrowed my Crayola markers and one of my packs of playing cards so she could examine the kings. For Halloween that year, I was the King of Hearts. It was 1988 or 89, and we went to the Riverside Plaza for our trick or treating. But people liked the costume, and were amazed that she just made it. She was a trained artist before she decided nursing provided better money, so this was not a big problem for her. But people just could not believe she hadn't bought it. It was that good. I don't think I have pics anymore, but if I can find them, I'll share.
              Last edited by Kristev; 09-14-2020, 06:02 PM.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                Black clothes, sign around neck, white lettering on BSOD-blue background: "404 Error. Costume Not Found."
                For less effort, just buy the t-shirt.

https://teeshirt21.com/product/404-c...-costume-ueavX
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Thirty years ago I put a lot of effort into making a wizard costume. A star and moon covered dark blue robe and matching cone hat, with gold trim.

Since I have put zero effort into a costume. I just keep wearing the same one over and over. It has aged well. The blue fabric has oxidized a bit and looks purple in places.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    It was 1988 or 89, and we went to the Riverside Plaza for our trick or treating.
                    That gave me pause; we had a Riverside Plaza in the town I grew up in. I think there was a haunted house in an empty store at least one year. I haven't been to that place for at least 10 years. I don't remember the last time I went home for a visit.

Comment

It was in Riverside, California.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Another thing to do is to just not go and tell people you dressed as the Invisible Man/Woman.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Cat. Black leotard.Ears.Tail.Draw on whiskers
                          Cat for the extremely lazy. Draw on whiskers.

Gravekeeper had many sightings of the uninspired or truly dismal Hallowe'enies ...
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                            It was in Riverside, California.
                            That's it! I was born in Harbor City and lived in Carson until I was 4 (1977).

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              Nude with a strategically placed gift tag stating, "Pull Toy".
                              Kids always wear those out before you get a chance to buy them.
                              Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X