This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China

The rest of the fight against the Balor did not go the way the demons were expecting. Between Hilda casually shrugging off their fire attacks, Jason distracting them by tearing up chunks of the floor and throwing it at them, and Rick literally tearing the frost-wielding demons apart, soon all six of the winged demons lay dead or dying around them.

Rick stands on the back of the last Balor felled, crushing its wings in his massive hands as he plants a foot on the back of its head. With a roar, he simultaneously rips its wings off and crushes its head into the floor with a vicious stomp. Tossing aside the wings, he thumps his chest and releases a triumphant trollish bellow, echoed by the other two troll-kin.

Snorting and breathing heavily, Rick turns to Jason. "Where Axe?" he questions, beginning to remember why they're here.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

China

Jay is celebrating with the others, and then..he is split down the middle with a blade that is alit by fire. Behind him is a smaller Balor (at least smaller then the ones they had just faced) with two swords, and on its back is an Axe. "Why it is right here, where it belongs." It sneers. "Where it will remain, after I destroy the both of you." One sword is of fire, the other of ice. "It will allow me to open the gate and call forth all my minions."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

China

When Jason is bisected by the fire sword, both troll-kin roar in fury, facing the remaining Balor, who Rick guesses to be: "Balbalor." The name is growled.

"You summon your minions," Rick declares, "over our dead bodies."

"Yes," Balbalor agrees. "That's the idea."

Rick gave a booming "BAH!" at this, turned, grabbed one of the chunks of floor that Jay had ripped up earlier, spun, and hurled it at Balbalor's head. As expected, the demon lord deflected it with his fiery sword, which meant it was out of position when Rick's fist came in a split-second later to impact with Balbalor's solar plexus. Moving with inhuman speed, Rick then swung his other arm into the crook of the demon lord's knee, levering Balbalor's foot off the floor before upending him, sending him crashing onto his back.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

China

Hilda follows up by jumping on him, and taking both hands clasped into one huge fist, starts pounding on him over and over roaring. Balbalor manages to barely recover enough to grab the frost sword and stab her, but it is clear he is all but done for. His face is almost caved in as Hilda collapses on top of him..her rage flowing out of her like her trollish blood. Balbalor collapses under her weight, and all goes silent. Balbalors chest collapses under the enormous girth...with a sickening crunch.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

China

Rick lets out another troll-kin rage-bellow when he sees Hilda get stabbed by the frost sword. Even after Balbalor's chest collapses under Hilda's weight, he grabs up the fire-sword, heedless of the heat, and uses it to cut off the demon lord's head, just to be sure.

Flinging the sword aside, Rick pulls Hilda's body off of Balbalor and then rolls him over, ripping the Axe free and brandishing it overhead, thumping his chest once more. "HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPION! OF THE WORLD!"

Lowering the Axe, Rick breathes heavily, and then works to calm himself, dwindling in size, the warts receding, the excess hair falling off. He trudges back out of the wrecked monastery, collapsing into a sitting position. "Well," he says to the empty air. "Now what?"

Comment

Egypt

Sunny shrugged. "First time on vacation, might as well enjoy it." She raised her head to sniff the air. "Something smells good, you wanna go check it out?"

Without waiting for Nomain to respond, Sunny jogged across the square. Mid stride, she fell forward onto her hands, which had become paws. Her lithe body was covered with blonde fur and she wagged her tail with a big goofy puppy grin.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I nod seriously at Enestia's words.

The Sphinx is known as one of the keepers of secrets, and if she plans to reveal something, it must be incredibly important.

"I've had a lot of practice keeping secrets. I promise that I won't breathe a word of what you tell me until the time comes."

I don't bother to ask what the sign is. If it's really that important, there shouldn't be any way that I could miss it. I'll just have to make sure that I don't underestimate it's importance.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

China

Of course no answer is forthcoming from the silence around. Chances are the other generals or lieutenants can not use the item, so none will be coming for it. Getting it to headquarters should be very easy. However he got there, chances are that was the best way to return.

Kanalah

Nomain follows her, but remains human. When you near the guards he starts calling after you. "Come back here you mangy mutt! I said get back here!!" Acting out of breath and exasperated. At first only a couple of guards check it out, not leaving their posts..so he amps it up a little. "You have to give that back, it isn't yours! The museum is going to kill me!"

One of the guards approaches, and asks what is going on. "She somehow slipped inside, and grabbed..something! I don't know what it is, but she has it in her jaws! I have to catch her!" he pleads with the guard...and before long a couple of guards are chasing after you..thinking you an ordinary but mischievous dog ((People see what they want to see)). They are calling for you, trying to corner you and catch you.

Egypt

Ene leans forward and whispers something in your ear. ((Check your private mail )). Once done she leans back. "The Ankh is not far from here. Go claim it, then make haste back to headquarters. Me and Tut will take care of the ones following us. Take care though. Though none of our enemy block the way, the way to the Ankh is not unguarded." Her eyes has a great wisdom, but a great sorrow in them. "Do not weep for me. Mine is an old spirit, and as I have told you .. some of us can not truly parish from this earth. Go..go with great speed and haste. They are coming."

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                    Germany

Cain chuckles "Well, yes there is much more to me then just the first werewolf. However, I will reveal what after our mission. I have a feeling we have eyes watching us."

Astir nods "Me too. I have no issue saying that I too am a werewolf. With similar abilities to yours..though I might be stronger as I am a bit older."

A knock on the door, and Astir opens the door. Livia is getting the impression that Cain does not change from his werewolf form that often. How he remains unseen is a neat trick.

Astir comes back with an envelope. "It seems that the medal is on the move in an armored car..it seems we might be a little late. Our foes are on the move."

Cain curses. "That means that we are walking right into a trap. Yet, we can not let them keep that medal." He looks at Livia. "We will have to fight, and it will be messy. Are you ready?"
                    "Very much so," says Livia, perhaps a bit more curtly than she intended. Perhaps the best that could be said by now was that she was resigned to the task at hand ... but she also thought that sure a trio of werewolves should be able to handle it. Especially as one was the First Werewolf.

"What's the armored car's route?" she says. "And I suggest we split up and try to catch them in a pincer movement, rather than attacking in a solid bloc. It might help to keep them unbalanced, not knowing how many of us there are, for long enough for us to gain the advantage. What do you think?"

Comment

Armored Cars - On the Move

Cain nods. "I will get out in front of them, it is easier for me to do so. Astir will hit them from the side, and you will drive them toward us." He looks around. "Is this ok?"

((Provided he gets the go ahead)) "This has the route here.." hands each person a route map. "I say Astir comes from here.." he points out a side alley. "You come up from here, and don't be afraid to barrel into the cars. Remember, you heal quickly..and nothing but silver can harm us long." He sighs. "We won't be able to keep up in human form. Our cover will not hold, but no help for it."

Astir nods and turns into a werewolf, you notice his werewolf form has black hair with spots of grey running through it. His human form does not seem over maybe 30..but it is obvious he is much older then that, the question is..how old.

Comment

Egypt

I try to keep my face a neutral mask, but I can't keep all traces of shock from flickering across my features as she imparts her message to me.

I've kept secrets, sure, but nothing this important or with such dire implications. But keep it I will. Until the time was right. I am going to live up to the legacy that my parents have left me or die in the attempt.

I just hope it doesn't actually come to that.

I shake myself, locking the secret up inside before I start moving. It's time for me to retrieve a key. It's time for me to visit my first pyramid.

Somehow, this isn't quite how I had imagined my first trip to Egypt to go down.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Egypt

Sunny narrowed her eyes. "Who are you calling mangy?" She growled under her breath.
                          Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a short metal bar on the ground. "Alright, let's play." She said, picking it up in her jaws. Turning to face the guards, she wagged her tail playfully and ran for a nearby alleyway.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Mytical;1092667[B
                            Reggie[/B]

Lloth hisses and throws down the scythe. "I told the fool that my way would be much more efficient." She transforms into a half spider, half female..that is about 20' tall. She is HUGE. She jumps and bite into Lema..quickly poisoning her. However, Lema tears into her also..and wraps her up. Lema manages to tear her apart before dying herself. Silence falls....the other spider demons vanish in foul puffs. Reggie is left alone with a dead Lloth, a dead Lema, and a Krisss turned to stone...
                            It happened so fast that Reggie is momentarily stunned. He gathers his wits, then his arm. After he pulls himself together, he picks up the flaming scythe and chops Lloth’s body into smaller and smaller pieces until they are burned beyond recognition.

Reggie then turned to the opening that spewed the demon spiders earlier. As he looked inside he saw it was covered with webs. He used the scythe to slice and burn his way inside. Inside was dark and quiet. The flaming scythe provided light. He left the scythe inside while he went back outside and brought the bodies of Lema and Krisss inside the crypt. Well, it looked like a crypt. He hid their bodies until they could be retrieved and dealt with properly.

He looked around to see if the spear might be seen. He didn’t see anything that looked like a spear. As he walked around the room, he noticed a passageway in a far corner. He went through it and down several steps into a larger chamber. This appeared to have been an armory, or perhaps a shrine of some sort. Spears and swords lined one wall, leather armor and shields another. At the far end of the room was an altar flanked by two statures.

One statue held a sword made of the same marble as the statue. The other statue had a spear placed between its hands. Reggie figured that was the spear they sought. He walked over to the statue and tried to remove the spear. It was stuck tight. Out of frustration, Reggie muttered aloud, “We need this spear to defeat Malbozia. How can I get it?” Upon saying this, the spear came loose and fell into Reggie’s hands. He glanced up at the statue and thought he saw a smile, but it could have been a trick of the light. He turned to the rack of spears, took one, and placed it in the statue’s hands. He winked at the statue and thanked it.

As Reggie went up the steps into the first chamber, he heard some voices approaching. He hid in a corner near the entrance. Two thuggish looking guys walked in, glanced around, and headed for the inner chamber. From there Reggie heard one exclaim that the statue held the spear they sought. As Reggie slipped out of the crypt, he heard screams, then silence. He didn’t think those two guys would be leaving the crypt.

Reggie returned to Antonio’s house. Once there he sent word to Van Helsing that he had the spear and awaited further instructions.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              St Peter Basilica

Arisa makes it to the Basilica, as the cross seems a lot lighter then she would have expected. Though it is unwieldy, it is about half as heavy as it should be for the size. Still heavy, just not as heavy as it should be. When she arrives, in her mind she hears a voice. "My child, make your way back to the headquarters with the cross. We will not be joining you. I am afraid neither of us have made it. This is the last time I will be able to contact you, I set this up in case things went bad. At least you do not have to find the pope and claim sanctuary. Travel only during the day, when the demons are weakest. Find places to hide during the night. You must get that cross to headquarters at all costs."
                              St Peter's Basilica

What do you mean neither of you made it? Arisa demanded of the voice in her head. Silence was her only response. No....Dracula and Mina, they couldn't be dead. Her mind refused to believe it at first. But Dracula never did anything without a purpose and he wouldn't have left her those orders unless he really couldn't help her anymore. Arisa slammed her fist into a wall in anger and frustration. Grief was crystallizing into rage and she vowed Malbozia and his minions would pay dearly. Sealing Malbozia was no longer enough. Arisa wanted him dead outright.

This war had just gotten personal.

She took a deep breath to steady herself. Blind rage would get her nowhere fast so she considered her options. They all left her at a disadvantage. While the cross wasn't as heavy as she initially feared, it was still cumbersome and easily recognizable. Traveling in daylight was bound to attract curiosity from onlookers. At worst, it would get her arrested for its theft--since technically she did steal it--international authorities asking a lot of questions she couldn't answer, and delay a critical element of getting rid of Malbozia.

Flying would undoubtedly be faster. But if she waited until nightfall, the demons would be stronger and could possibly track her more easily. If Dracula and Mina couldn't stand against them, Arisa feared she wouldn't stand a chance. On the other hand, she was still inexperienced enough in her powers that changing forms in sunlight could kill her. Still, out of the three crappy options, biting the bullet and flying back to headquarters now seemed the least crappy. She needed to decide soon before the sun was fully up and before the citizens of Vatican City started milling around.

One more deep breath and her eyes slid shut, willing herself to change. The change came easily this time and with the cross firmly gripped in her talons Arisa lifted off. Already the sun was hot on her skin and mildly uncomfortable. She was fortunate in that the first part of her journey consisted of cloudy skies, which while still not pleasant was considerably less dangerous.

However in the last leg her luck ran out and the sun finally broke through the clouds. There was instant, searing agony that nearly knocked her out of the sky. Her vision narrowed and Arisa gritted her teeth, willing herself to keep going despite the fact she could feel her skin blistering and burning. She gave a whimper of relief when at last headquarters materialized over the horizon. She could make it just a little farther.

The shade of the porch was a reprieve from the harsh sunlight, however the damage had already been done. Arisa looked as sunbaked as someone who had traversed a desert and was in too much pain to shift back to her human form. After a clumsy landing Arisa dragged the cross up the stairs and pounded on the door. She didn't even see who opened it. Someone caught her before she collapsed and she heard someone ask about Dracula and Mina. All Arisa could do was shake her head.

She felt someone trying to pry the cross away from the death grip she had on it and reacted by pulling it closer. "It's alright," a voice said. "We'll take it from here." At last she let go and allowed herself to be led somewhere she hoped would at least dull the pain. She still didn't know whether she had just been brave or extremely stupid.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                                China

Of course no answer is forthcoming from the silence around. Chances are the other generals or lieutenants can not use the item, so none will be coming for it. Getting it to headquarters should be very easy. However he got there, chances are that was the best way to return.
                                China

With a grunt, Rick got back up and stepped into the monastery long enough to find a spare robe, which he drew around himself. His pants, though ragged, had survived his transformation, but the rest of his clothes were tatters. Strapping the axe to his back, Rick went back to the 4x4 Jeep that he and the other troll-kin had arrived in, where he wrapped the axe in cloth and stashed it, driving back to the private airstrip, where their plane awaited.

Not too long after, he was in the air, heading back for the Organization's HQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X