This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad they came through
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Me too.

Things I buy from China usually take 3-4 weeks normal time. I cant imagine throwing holidays in there.

Comment

Suggestion: Tie the last few in a knot with a knote to re-order.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A tip for anyone buying from China (or Japan, or pretty much any Asian country), use EMS if it's an available shipping option. A little pricey, but ever time I've used it so far it's gotten here FAST (about the same speed as normal US ground shipping).

Comment

Another UK person here (who gets a lot of stuff from abroad)...

Another thing here that can add a lot of time to shipping time is Customs. I've had stuff sitting around for 5 weeks at the hub so they can slap a big sticker on it and charge me an extra £17 (£8.5 of which is the Royal Mail handling charge).

I'd e-mail the seller anyway just check the expected delivery date and as a heads up in case you do have to make a claim in the future.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

I'd say I'd lucked out in a similar situation, although I no longer recall all the details. I ordered some cds from a somewhat obscure Japanese band through both eBay and another website altogether and both shipments came through quite well and I continue to enjoy their music to this day.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting on a small package Stateside that was supposed to have been delivered to me at the beginning of the month. Apparently USPS said it had been delivered, but I've seen hide nor hair of it. Although small enough to easily fit inside the mailbox (base assumption, since a previously ordered package of the same type did), I was told that it was likely left outside and the general consensus is that it might have been stolen (luckily it wasn't anything terribly important, but still leaves me sad).
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Just a reminder that Chinese new year is pretty much the first two weeks in February this year so ordering stuff from china around then would mean further delays. ^_^

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                  On the other hand, I'm still waiting on a small package Stateside that was supposed to have been delivered to me at the beginning of the month. Apparently USPS said it had been delivered, but I've seen hide nor hair of it. Although small enough to easily fit inside the mailbox (base assumption, since a previously ordered package of the same type did), I was told that it was likely left outside and the general consensus is that it might have been stolen (luckily it wasn't anything terribly important, but still leaves me sad).
                  Same thing happened to me, twice. I know that my strawberry shoots were stolen outside of my apartment door around the time I would have expected my birthday present to be delivered, earlier this month. I'm thinking that's what happened to me, too. Might just be the luck of that draw.

Comment

Working...
                  X