This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm racist because...WTF?

A few days ago, a Hispanic couple came into my restaurant. They ordered, payed, and ate. It's slow, so luckily, I was there to witness what they attempted do next.

We have a rack-thing of huge cookies (only $1.39!) near the registers. As the couple walks by the registers, I see them both grab a cookie and continue on their way out.

Me: "Whoa! Hey! You've gotta pay for those!" *begins running toward them*
    Man: "What do you mean?"
    Me: "What I just said. Those cookies aren't free, you've gotta pay for them."
    Woman: "I saw you give a cookie away to someone just a minute ago!"
    Me: "I don't know how you could have seen that, seeing how you two have been the only customers we've had in the last hour."
    Man: "Whatever, you're just saying that 'cause we're Mexican."

They throw their cookies on the ground and walk out of the store.

I've seen that kind of thing so many times it's not even funny. It's sad how some individuals think that playing the race card is a good way to get away with stealing, and when they do that, it just reinforces bad stereotypes.

Comment

"I'm not a racist. I'm anti-sucky customer."
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        "I'm not a racist. I'm anti-sucky customer."
        Would that make you a Suckist?
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
          Sooo, would that make someone who is pro sucky customer a Sucker?

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I guess it would.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just happened today. Every 3 months, we have an auction. The auctioneer put on special locks with numbers on them. A customer came in today to get into his unit, saw the lock and came to us. HE bitched about it. I just told him that it is because he didn't pay anything for the past few months. So of course, it will go to auction unless he pays more then or all of what he owes. HE even told us, that we can not take auction his unit off. I just mentioned that under the California Self Storage Law, we can if we have too.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I'd suggest Suckophobe, but we're not really afraid of SCs, exactly.

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
                  Sooo, would that make someone who is pro sucky customer a Sucker?

Only if they try to defend the SC.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                    I'd suggest Suckophobe, but we're not really afraid of SCs, exactly.
                    That depends on the SC...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                      Just happened today. Every 3 months, we have an auction. The auctioneer put on special locks with numbers on them. A customer came in today to get into his unit, saw the lock and came to us. HE bitched about it. I just told him that it is because he didn't pay anything for the past few months. So of course, it will go to auction unless he pays more then or all of what he owes. HE even told us, that we can not take auction his unit off. I just mentioned that under the California Self Storage Law, we can if we have too.
                      did he pay?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        That depends on the SC...
                        Nah, for me it just ranges from indifference to "must... resist... urge... to... smashkill." Fear doesn't come into it... but I'm weird like that.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                        X