This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth gunsage View Post
    What really grinds my gears is a clock key.
    But it'll get you an elixir and access to the secret tunnel out of town! Gawd I'm a nerd...
    If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

The name tag thing:

I remember once wearing a name tag that said "Maggie", that I found. I lost mine, and the company I worked for didn't like it if you didn't have a name badge.
      Later that day I had a conversation with a customer about my 'name'. It's rather funny watching customers think they're clever, when you're wearing a fake name badge :P.

Comment

Quoth tangrid View Post
        But it'll get you an elixir and access to the secret tunnel out of town! Gawd I'm a nerd...
        FFVI (FFIII in the states) for the geek points.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I get the "change game" often. Many times it involves customers opening their wallet/purse to hand me a note (that will cover their entire purchase) and then opening the coin section and digging around. I never know if they're going to hand me coins! Lately I've just started getting their change, and if they want to give me more coins to make it even then I deal with that later.

PS Last night I was giving a customer $3.55 worth of change, which showed correctly on the register screen. He handed me $1.55 to round it to $5.00. See how that doesn't work? He got $5.10 back and he didn't like it one bit!
          Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
          Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
          <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
            The nametag thing makes me so angry. My name, though only four letters and three syllables, is appatently next to impossible for people to say when reading it
            Four letters and THREE syllables?! That's almost a syllable per letter. Sheesh.... that must be hard to pronounce.

Comment

Working...
            X