Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short 'N Goofy (or "You're not from around here, are you?")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short 'N Goofy (or "You're not from around here, are you?")

I think this guy was from either a foreign country or some other region of the U.S., because he had an accent I didn't recognize. Also he may have been a bit dotty. This isn't sucky really; it's just weird. And kinda funny.

Anyhow I was filling some stuff in H&B and Pharmacy today and this older gentleman came up to me.

Older gentleman: Where's this? (pulls a linty marshmallow out of his coat pocket)
    Me: A marshmallow?
    OG: What is it?
    Me: A marshmallow. No, we don't have those here.
    OG: Where can I get a mars-mellow? (This is why I think he was from out of the U.S.--he didn't know how to say "marshmallow")
    Me: Probably at Aldi's which is right down the hall from us.
    OG: Where is that?
    Me: Okay, you go out the door by the shopping carts and go straight down the hall. When you reach the end of the hall, turn left and keep going through the doors at the end. Aldi's will then be two doors down on your right.
    OG: Where?

Since the light bulb didn't seem to be going off, I walked him to the front doors and pointed to the building with the big Aldi sign.

Me: See that building over there? The building with the blue, purple and orange sign? That is Aldi's. That's a grocery store. You can buy marshmallows there.
    OG: Oh, okay. Thank you (pats me on the back and turns around to go through the doors leading to the mall)

Out of curiosity, I went over to the doors to see if he would head in the right direction. I watched him walk down and pull the marshmallow out of his pocket....

as he was walking into Radio Shack.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

He wanted to toast it =3

Comment

He was inquiring about Marshmallow over IP service.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Dude! You had such an opportunity to make nice with the new alien overlords and you just BLEW it!!!

Sigh.

Poor alien. I hope he found his marshmallows.
        SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
        SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Damn.

If any planetary destruction occurs, you can blame it on me.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            as he was walking into Radio Shack.
            *Waits patiently for inevitable post from Radio Shack employee complaining about Marshmallow Man*

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Were i still working at radioshack....it'd probably have been my customer...

Comment

If he went to Radio Shack, they might have sold him a marshmellow, but they would've asked for his name and address like they always do at The shack....

Comment

Quoth Quicksilver View Post
                  If he went to Radio Shack, they might have sold him a marshmellow, but they would've asked for his name and address like they always do at The shack....
                  I forget who said it, but someone on the boards once put it like this:

"Radio Shack. You've got questions, so do we."
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

The title of the thread struck me as funny, due to something I have been saying for years.

Women always want tall, dark, and handsome. I wonder what's wrong with short, dark, and goofy?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                      I've always preferred "Radio Shack: You've got questions, we've got confused expressions." Which is odd, because I never really had problems at Radio Shack. Guy even swapped my CD player for me when it got really staticy less than a month after I got it, no hassles.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        I've always preferred "Radio Shack: You've got questions, we've got confused expressions." Which is odd, because I never really had problems at Radio Shack. Guy even swapped my CD player for me when it got really staticy less than a month after I got it, no hassles.
                        Oh, I've no problem with the Shack either. Of course, I usually know exactly what I want before going in, and shop like I'm on a commando raid*.

*not really, but a friend had this going through his head:

</spec ops: mall division>
                        "You! Double-As now, now, NOW! You! Secure that charger. All clear? Good! Now Pay! Go, go, go! We got a ride to catch people! Miss it and you get to clean mall-rat residue off the floors for the next month! Now Go!"
                        </spec ops>
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          The title of the thread struck me as funny, due to something I have been saying for years.

Women always want tall, dark, and handsome. I wonder what's wrong with short, dark, and goofy?

Nothing! I love short, dark and goofy. Pity my boy is average, kinda blonde and not goofy

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            I remember seeing a sign in Malcolm in the Middle a long time ago that read "We've got solutions. So what's your problem?"
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                            X