Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=lordlundar;534970]That was before computer use went mainstream./QUOTE]

Thanks for making me feel old (yeah, I have books on the "unformatted hard drives" telling how to format and mark the bad sectors manually even).

Oh they put PC software on the drive? That's the main reason I had no use for any external HDs, I didn't want the stupid software they include to "make things easy"

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
      Quoth lordlundar View Post
      That was before computer use went mainstream.
      Thanks for making me feel old (yeah, I have books on the "unformatted hard drives" telling how to format and mark the bad sectors manually even).

Oh they put PC software on the drive? That's the main reason I had no use for any external HDs, I didn't want the stupid software they include to "make things easy"
      You're welcome. Honestly though, I remember when they were unformatted myself.

It's dependent on the drive. Sometimes flash drives will have an encryption software (mine did, and gone damn fast!) External HDDs usually have some type of software driven auto-backup setup.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

personally I'm a bit of a fan of LaCie though I'm not sure if the 1Tb is in your price range.

Or firewire is negotiable you can do what I did on one external... I bought a 1TB hard drive, no enclosure. Then I bought a base that I can stand the drive in... so the drive works as an external, its just open to just about everything lol

Comment

Working...
        X