This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Thud-n-Blunder

I'll start off by telling you that I'm lucky. I haven't had to directly deal with some of the situations that I've read about on here.

I'm a software developer. I've also probably been the occasional SC written about here, so if that's the case, I ask your forgiveness. I have also dealt with the occasional technical support phone call, and I've had to take my share of lumps in dealing with angry customers.

It strikes me that an angry customer does not in-and-of-itself become an SC. Many of these people have legitimate gripes, and are looking for some satisfaction. It's when the customer goes past being angry by taking her frustration out on cashier, or the person on the other end of the phone... in short, on the people who, if the SC would calm down, might be willing and able to do more to solve the original problem.

And now that I've started my posting career here with a boring discussion about what makes an SC, my work is done... for now.
    Experience is knowing how not to get your teeth kicked in - again. -- The Freethinker

"And that... entitles you to no mercy at all, no matter what." -- from Going Postal by Terry Pratchett

You're right...sometimes (many times, even) a customer's anger is entirely justified. It's how they express that anger that determines whether they are an SC. And then there are the ones who get angry over the most ridiculous things, but they are a different breed altogether...

Anyway, Welcome to CS!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

So sorry I am so late in stopping by.

A very belated to CS, Thud-n-Blunder. (Cute name )

You've had some great posts so far. I look forward to reading more.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X