This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can not classify that as a costume

Ok so I had to work a HUGE Halloween party over the weekend with over 5000 people. Everyone was supposed to be in a costume. So I am starting this thread so everyone can what they have seen people in costumes that so totally can not be classified as a costume.

My biggest costume pet peeve of the weekend is . . . . . .the girls that wear nothing but a bra and underwear. Did a miss a memo somewhere stating that the top costume of the year is a Victoria Secret model? I guess it is a cheap costume, but there are some people that just should not dress like that no matter what.

Same goes for guys running around in boxers.

Everyone share your comments on the worst costumes you have seen this year.

Well if the girls are in red with devils ears and a trident then you could justify it, but guys, put on some clothes!

I'll update you tomorrow with awful costumes I see out and about.
    Last edited by crazylegs; 11-06-2007, 09:29 PM.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Where are you all seeing these o_0'' Halloween is tomorrow lol

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
        Where are you all seeing these o_0'' Halloween is tomorrow lol
        it was a HUGE Halloween party for people 18 and older, it went until like 5 in the morning so not really something that you can do on a weeknight

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
          the top costume of the year is a Victoria Secret model?
          Actually, the top one at my campus, or at least in my dorm building is the Victoria's Secret Dream angel crapola.

Which is just underroos plus costume wings.

The female portion of my floor is doing that. Sans me. I'm going as a banana.

heeeellllp

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
            My biggest costume pet peeve of the weekend is . . . . . .the girls that wear nothing but a bra and underwear. Did a miss a memo somewhere stating that the top costume of the year is a Victoria Secret model? I guess it is a cheap costume, but there are some people that just should not dress like that no matter what.
            Sexy no Jutsu Cosplay?

Comment

Quoth Anoki View Post
              I'm going as a banana.
              Awesome idea!

(Do you watch Family Guy? You should carry some maracas and do Brian's "peanut butter jelly time" dance.)

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Couldn't resist. Sorry!
                Attached Files
                Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Having attended the Exotic Erotic Ball in San Francisco many years ago (first marriage, before the kids), I have seen naked as a costume.

My first husband took me as he said I should see it once in my life -- he had first attended it when it was still the Hookers Ball.

I counted at least four naked men. None of them I would check out twice. But one of them boasted a full erection as he walked by. My husband said, "Well, his costume won't last all night." Which led to everyone in hearing distance doubling over in laughter.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Not quite the same, but we've gotten some very lazy trick-or-treaters in past years. Kids come up to the door to beg candy, and they're wearing ordinary clothes. Their costume claims include:
                    • an undercover cop
                    • a street person
                    • "a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else" (yeah, thank you, Wednesday Addams)
                    • a human being (really? It's not very convincing.)

Puh-LEEZE! The kid wearing a bedsheet and going as a ghost is more clever than that! It's Halloween, use your imagination and put a proper costume together! Even if you just borrow a relative's work uniform (I used to wear my dad's National Guard fatigues), that's better than just wearing your own clothes.
                    Last edited by XCashier; 10-30-2007, 06:50 PM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      Having attended the Exotic Erotic Ball in San Francisco many years ago (first marriage, before the kids), I have seen naked as a costume.

My first husband took me as he said I should see it once in my life -- he had first attended it when it was still the Hookers Ball.

I counted at least four naked men. None of them I would check out twice. But one of them boasted a full erection as he walked by. My husband said, "Well, his costume won't last all night." Which led to everyone in hearing distance doubling over in laughter.
                      I think there would be people naked if it weren’t for the fact that I live in Utah and there where police present at this party, the whole indecent exposure ticket isn't worth it I guess.

This isn't the first one of these parties I have worked and man do I feel over dressed in my security outfit.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Even if you just borrow a relative's work uniform (I used to wear my dad's National Guard fatigues), that's better than just wearing your own clothes.
                        I wore my own clothes last year.
                        It was the previous work uniform before the color change (black and white and now we're grey and red). covered the smock in red and brown paint (yay! realistic looking blood stains!) and makeuped my face as a zombie.

What a riot.

Tomorrow...

I'll post pictures.
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

My costume this year was one of a pair (with the gf) of Green Monkeys from Legends of the Hidden Temple. We got dressed up in matching jeans, sneakers, fingerless gloves, "elbow-" and "kneepads", and mouth guards (gf didn't want helmets for some reason). Note that this past weekend was the big Halloween weekend because everyone has class during the week. We ran into three other LOHT teams (Blue Barracudas, Silver Snakes and Orange Iguanas) who ranged from pathetic to awesome. The Barracudas went all out, with legitimate elbow- and kneepads (versus our socks tied around arms and legs) and gold spray-painted matching helmets (total cost probably around $40 apiece, including the shirts). The others? Their costumes were their t-shirts. Period. One of the guys even wore a sweatshirt over his t-shirt so he didn't really even have a costume. My gf and I were the only legit team though, since the teams had to be guy-girl and all six of the LOHT people we met were guys.

People: I don't care if you're a college student, and are on a budget! A T-SHIRT IS NOT A COSTUME! A T-SHIRT IS NOT A COSTUME! A T-SHIRT IS NOT A COSTUME! Especially not a shirt you could wear every day and not stand out!
                          That goes for people who wear sports jerseys over their regular clothes as a costume too! NOT A COSTUME!
                          "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Quoth MMATM View Post
                            People: I don't care if you're a college student, and are on a budget! A T-SHIRT IS NOT A COSTUME! A T-SHIRT IS NOT A COSTUME! A T-SHIRT IS NOT A COSTUME!
                            Unless, of course, that t-shirt is wrapped around the head in the manner of a Shirt-Ninja.

I once met two girls at a party that went as each other. Their friends found it hilarious because apparently the two have diametrically opposed fashion senses. I just found it confusing and to this day get their names mixed up.

The only non-costume I've ever seen that I thought was really innovative was when a guy showed up at the party with no shirt or shoes.

Me: What are you supposed to be?
                            Guy: A Premature Ejaculation.
                            Me: ???
                            Guy: Yeah. I just came in my pants.
                            Flood

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
                              The only non-costume I've ever seen that I thought was really innovative was when a guy showed up at the party with no shirt or shoes.

Me: What are you supposed to be?
                              Guy: A Premature Ejaculation.
                              Me: ???
                              Guy: Yeah. I just came in my pants.
                              Ok, that's amusing.

But, seriously, we're going to have a sign on our door that says, "No costume, No candy" and we're going to abide by it. If you can't be bothered to at least butcher a sheet you can pick up at the goodwill for a buck, you ain't gettin' any candy.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X