This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence has its price...

We had a weird one today! The boss and I were both behind the counter, this guy came in and paid for his fuel.

Then said "I love shopping here because you're independent*. Did you know George Bush's family control 60% of the oil market because they own Exxon? There's too many wars because of oil and religion and money. George Bush, Tony Hair** and Johnny Howard should be hung for war crimes. I've had enough of oil prices, I'm going out to the desert and catch me a wild camel. Dick Cheney shot his friend in the face, he sure lived up to his name. Look at this t-shirt, it's hilarious! (removes his jacket to show a big penis on the back of his shirt) Goerge Bush can suck on that one, hey! I see your chicken shop there, I can't eat that shit, I need beef." etc. etc.

After he left the store, the boss and a guy from the parent company went to the not-KFC next door to get lunch. They got halfway there and saw the crazy guy in there placing an order (so much for not being able to eat chicken), then suddenly saw a few other minor jobs that needed doing right then. finishing those jobs just happened to coincide with crazy guy leaving.

*we are franchised, but the parent company isn't owned by Exxon or Shell or BP or one of the other major oil companies.

**yes he couldn't get the former British Prime Minister's name right.

Just plain bizarre.

To be honest I don't care what any cutomers thoughts are on politics, if you disagree with the current government then a) vote and b) write to your MP. What don't want is you trying to stick your opinions down my throat (they stick, and it makes me gag) and quite frankly anyone who has a picture of a giant penis on their back might not be the most sensible person to have a political debate with (he who also contadicted himself in about 3 minutes).
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      To be honest I don't care what any cutomers thoughts are on politics, if you disagree with the current government then a) vote and b) write to your MP.
      I'm pretty much the same. I bet this guy goes around complaining at anybody whose job means they have to be polite to idiots.

Comment

The best part is this guy is allowed to vote.

>.<

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

>.<
          You and I must have different dictionaries, that's not 'best' means in mine.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Okay and that is why they say dont huff gasoline fumes......

As for voting at least if he votes he votes. Better than some who dont vote at all at least.

(Remember elections are coming up next week!!!!)

And as for Tony Hair comment maybe he was trying to make a funny? Appraently he thought he was funny at least.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
              And as for Tony Hair comment maybe he was trying to make a funny? Appraently he thought he was funny at least.
              Well, he DOES have hair... it's nothing spectacular, though. In fact, it's rather unobtrusive, in such a way that a caricature artist couldn't use it as their point of focus...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

>.<
                He has to vote, it's the law around here! If he's a local, he's in a safe seat for the party he'd probably vote for anyway.

Comment

Look, I dislike Bush as much as the next person, but even I get sick of random people lecturing me on how evil/incompetent/hypocritcal/stupid/all around horrible he is. I hear it all the time... and I GET IT. I'm a happy little libertarian, so I don't want anyone on any side pounding me on the head with their political stances. If you're among friends and family and the conversation leads to politics and the state of the world, fine. I like to hear both sides of the story in the right atmosphere with people I know and love.

But to just randomly walk up to someone in the service industry, like edible_hat's SC, and go on this unprovoked spiel is just obnoxious. And by the way...

I've had enough of oil prices, I'm going out to the desert and catch me a wild camel.
                  That's going to improve your situation... how??
                  "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
                    He'll have a pet camel which he can trade for a wife.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
                      But to just randomly walk up to someone in the service industry, like edible_hat's SC, and go on this unprovoked spiel is just obnoxious. And by the way...

The camel thing was his proposed solution to high fuel prices. Camels don't use petrol.

Comment

Ah, but they do spit, but let the SC find that out for himself.
                        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

I love the name of Tony Hair
                          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

wouldn't that be a wild camel toe.... or perhaps he should be looking for a pack of camels (which can be purchased at any local convenience store)....

But seriously, camels are nasty. They spit. They stink. They're mean. and you have to pay for their fodder and a place to keep them. ugh...
                            You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Shows how much he knows about international politics. Tony Blair/Hair resigned, the Prime Minister is Gordon Brown.

Comment

Working...
                              X