X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery store randomness

When you have no one else to turn to

A woman called the store today to ask about daylight savings time. Because the first place I think of when it comes to these sorts of questions is the grocery store, right? I should have lied to her...but I did at least laugh at her.

How is this even fun for you?

There is this pair of Hispanic men that like to play the scratch-offs. Now, I have nothing against Hispanic people. Seriously, I taught ESL for a while. But these two-! They're the type that go back and forth from me to the machine umpteen times. They get change for a ten, make two trips to the machine and back, then get change for another ten, then make a few trips...seriously, just put a twenty in there to begin with; you know you're going to spend it!

And part of the reason they make so many trips is that they can't read the cards. They do not speak enough English to tell if they've won, so I have to check every single card they buy. Huge time-waster.

Attempt to sweep me off my feet

A few weeks ago, a man was doing a Western Union. For some reason, this involved getting on the phone with the person to which he was sending money and cursing a lot. This man liked the F-bomb. Not only that, he was using the walkie-talkie option, which makes me want to break every phone I see with the feature. While this was going on, a very attractive co-worker of mine was standing nearby. When she walked away, this conversation took place:

SC: "She has a nice butt, huh?"
    Me: "...I'm not the best judge."

As far as Casanovas go, this one wasn't exactly David Tennant. Seriously, I was too surprised to even chastise him for it, it was so out of the blue. Then, RIGHT then, he asked me out. Like I was going to say, "You've proven to be the most crass individual I've met all week. Of course I'll go out with you! I love the type that I can't bring into public!"

At least he tried to make sure I was over 18 first?

Quoth Shengirl View Post

As far as Casanovas go, this one wasn't exactly David Tennant.
    I prefer the 9th doctor myself. It's the jacket.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Yes, but Tennant actually portrayed Casanova
      DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
        "You've proven to be the most crass individual I've met all week. Of course I'll go out with you! I love the type that I can't bring into public!"
        My kind of man!! :swoon:
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm sorry to about that Casanova. Ahem. I keep telling my husband his friends need to be kept in the basements of their parents' houses and never allowed out in public without a keeper. Sorry about that.

Comment

"Casanova" there sounded like a real keeper... *shakes head*

Quoth Shengirl View Post
            daylight savings time
            [pedant] it's "daylight saving time" ... only 1 s [/pedant]

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              [pedant] it's "daylight saving time" ... only 1 s [/pedant]
              I did not know that. I feel silly now. XD

Comment

It's PENDANT! Not pedant!
                You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

No, actually, it would more likely be "pedant" as in pedantic.

A pendant is a necklace.

A pedant is someone who likes to nit-pick the technicalities.

Anyway, I hate guys like that because they give the rest of us a bad name! I appreciate the beauty of an attractive woman as much as any guy, but I'm not going to drool all over myself or make some kind of locker room comment to express my thoughts. I like to think I'm more evolved than that.
                  Last edited by aurelemsrealm; 11-05-2007, 10:28 PM. Reason: Added an afterthought
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                    It's PENDANT! Not pedant!
                    Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                    No, actually, it would more likely be "pedant" as in pedantic.

A pendant is a necklace.

A pedant is someone who likes to nit-pick the technicalities.
                    Case in point.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                      I did not know that. I feel silly now. XD
                      I did some long involved writeup about the whole event some time back, so it's rather stuck in my head, now.

It's depressing how many talking heads on the news get it wrong.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Case in point.
                        LOL! Exactly! I have a few friends who get annoyed when I correct them on such technicalities, and that's why I continue to correct them on such technicalities. Momma always said I had a sarcastic, sadistic sense of humor. I get it from her.
                        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Working...
                        X