This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    You know, Graves, you could sell tickets. Just hook a second pair of headphones into your phone, put another chair next to your's, and for $50 a night, people can pay to sit next to you and listen to your calls all night. Because I'll be damned if I wouldn't pay it for the chance at this kind of entertainment.

You'd need to have people sign a waiver regarding giant mutant spiders, though...
    Hell, I'd pay it!!!
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
      Hell, I'd pay it!!!
      There's a *lot* of snarking ( when I cover my mic ) and pantomiming of violence when I'm on calls. >.>

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Skytrain WTFs

Then he sat down, pulled out a butterknife, an entire box of crackers and a container of pâté and began spreading huge heaps of it onto crackers while talking on his cell phone…..
        Not as wierd as this: 3 course meal on the tube
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

note to self: Avoid drunk pizza loving rednecks from this point forward
          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

There's a *lot* of snarking ( when I cover my mic ) and pantomiming of violence when I'm on calls. >.>
            Yeah, that sounds about right. Also, rolling of eyes, head-to-desk confrontations, and playing of sad songs on tiny violins.

A group of our Tech reps actually use a live video feed in some stores. Customers come in, and the rep can walk them through troubleshooting while A) providing visual aids, and B) making sure the customer is actually following along.

I'd last about a call and a half if customers could see me while I'm talking to them
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I just have to know. Have you're 867ers been trying to order this from you yet?
              http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/produ...tic_candy_bars (Bacon Chocolate )

Is it a bad thing that the first thing I thought of when I saw Bacon Chocolate was Gravekeeper?
              Last edited by Munty; 11-08-2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Quoth Munty View Post
                Is it a bad thing that the first thing I thought of when I saw Bacon Chocolate was Gravekeeper?
                No, not at all. It just means you know the Great Northern Trailerpark (aka, the entire 867 area-code) well.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Facsinating.

Odd.

Kinda interested, but not worth spending on own money on.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I would like to state, for the record, that we came up with the chocolate-covered meat idea in chat a long time ago, and they totally ripped us off.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      At least money will keep coming for a while.
                      Becky...that was just bad... >_<

*snicker*

GK, your customers need to be re-buried into whatever hole they were dug out of...

And I think if I bought tickets to listen into your calls, you'd have a hell of a time trying to mute out my laughs and snarky comments...

I'm pretty tolerant, but I don't think I'd last as a call-center rep....
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"Please use 911 responsible. 911 cannot provide the magnitude of earth quakes, the reason why the power is out or what the current time is after Daylight savings time."
                        A family friend's daughter is an ex-cop, one time when she was working the 000 (our emergency number) desk, she got a string of unimportant calls in a row (stuff like "I can smell my neigbour's cooking" and "is your refridgerator running?"). So she was a bit pissed off, and answered the next call with "So, what's YOUR big emergency?"
                        the answer: "Um, I don't know if this is the right place to call, but my father killed himself and I just found the body..."

she really wanted the ground to open up and swallow her at that point.

For the record, finding a dead body (any body, let alone your own father) is considered an emergency situation where you should call 000/911/999/whatever number is applicable in your country.
                        Last edited by edible_hat; 11-09-2007, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                          Becky...that was just bad... >_<

*snicker*

It was worth it, though, if it really made you snicker.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                            And I think if I bought tickets to listen into your calls, you'd have a hell of a time trying to mute out my laughs and snarky comments...

I'm pretty tolerant, but I don't think I'd last as a call-center rep....
                            I've actually had that problem once or twice. I'd mute snark as a coworker went by and *they* would laugh only to have my caller hear it. >< Then the caller would spaz on me. =p

This week is shaping up painfully...its been slow the last couple weeks so only one post per week. But yesterday *sucked*.

Comment

Depends... if the giant mutant spiders are infesting the call center I'll stay home. If they're after your callers, I'll pay double.
                              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

This week is shaping up painfully...its been slow the last couple weeks so only one post per week.
                                That explains why I haven't been getting my weekly allotment of vitamin GK.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X