This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Really Grinds My Gears...

1)When I have my hand out in plain sight to take your money but you decide to be an ass and put it on the counter or the drive-thru window thing where it can blow away. Don't be surprised if I stare blankly at you until you put it in my hand and don't get mad if I decide not to do a perfect dive out the DT window to chase after your $20 you decided to pay for your hamburger with.

2)Scenarios like this:

Me: "$2.65 please."
    SC: (hands me $3)
    Me: "Thank you." (types it in real fast with my magic fingers)
    SC: (as I'm gathering the last of the change) "Oh, I have $0.65."
    Me: *twitch* "Oh...I already have your change ready for you..."

I know all I have to do is hand him a dollar back but I can't stand for someone to wait until I've already cashed their order out before handing me their change. You either have it or you don't...

3)You telling me that after three years of working here, I don't know what's on my own menu.

SC: "Give me a junior bacon cheeseburger."
    Me: "I'm sorry, we don't have those (Wendy's does though), would you like a whopper junior with cheese and we can put bacon on it for you?
    SC: "Yes you do I'm looking at it right now! It says '$2.69.'"
    Me: "Sir, you're looking at the ad for the double stacker. As I said earlier we don't have a junior bacon cheeseburger."
    SC: "Fine, give me a stacker then."

You're fighting a losing battle, buddy.

4)You reading/misreading my nametag:

SC: "Thank you, (reads my nametag with a cheesy grin) 'Maximillion.'"

*twitch* Burn in hell, asshole.

The list goes on...

2)Scenarios like this:

Me: "$2.65 please."
    SC: (hands me $3)
    Me: "Thank you." (types it in real fast with my magic fingers)
    SC: (as I'm gathering the last of the change) "Oh, I have $0.65."
    Me: *twitch* "Oh...I already have your change ready for you..."

I know all I have to do is hand him a dollar back but I can't stand for someone to wait until I've already cashed their order out before handing me their change. You either have it or you don't...

Oh my God, I get those people constantly. Not only is it annoying, but risky, considering my mental math is extremely hit or miss.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

What really grinds my gears is a clock key.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth Maximillion
        One of my big pet peeves was when people would buy something, take their change, then IMMEDIATELY give it back to me for scratch tickets. That would piss me off every time.
        "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
          Oh my God, I get those people constantly. Not only is it annoying, but risky, considering my mental math is extremely hit or miss.
          Grr. These people bother me too, and I can do math in my head no problem.

What bothers me is that they expect us to be mind-readers. I have no frickin' clue what you're digging around for in your purse. Could be a tissue. Could be lipstick. Could be the Holy Grail. I don't know.

If you have change, let me know. Otherwise, I'm assuming the twenty you handed me is all you have and I'm changing it.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

The nametag thing makes me so angry. My name, though only four letters and three syllables, is appatently next to impossible for people to say when reading it and they ALWAYS get it wrong and it makes me nuts when they try to correct themselves.

Just... shut up and stop trying.

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post
              1)When I have my hand out in plain sight to take your money but you decide to be an ass and put it on the counter or the drive-thru window thing where it can blow away. Don't be surprised if I stare blankly at you until you put it in my hand and don't get mad if I decide not to do a perfect dive out the DT window to chase after your $20 you decided to pay for your hamburger with.
              We've had threads where people have had this pet peeve before, and I'm going to say now what I've said then. It's a personal space issue for me. Now, drive-through is different, granted. But I don't drive, so it doesn't apply to me. But I don't like touching/being touched by other people. At all. So I'm either going to put the money on the counter, if your hand isn't there, or drop it in if it is.

If that bothers you, trust me, physical contact bothers me as much, if not more.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

It got to the point at the gas station where nearly every customer was playing the "change" game with me. (aka, they gave me a $10 and without fail, as SOON as I opened the drawer "OMG I have 10 cents!") that I would wait and stare at them for a few extra seconds to be sure they weren't giving me any more money. I didn't mean to be so rude and condenscending but it always threw me off.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                  The nametag thing makes me so angry. My name, though only four letters and three syllables, is appatently next to impossible for people to say when reading it and they ALWAYS get it wrong and it makes me nuts when they try to correct themselves.

Just... shut up and stop trying.
                  I hate that, too. And when I correct them they repeat it back a different wrong. If you're not going to listen, why do you ask how to say it?! Besides, you don't need to know my name. You'll forget it before you get to the door, anyway.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  If that bothers you, trust me, physical contact bothers me as much, if not more.
                  That doesn't bother me, so much. But when people put it down as far from me as physically possible and I have to reach across the counter to get it? That bothers me.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The nametag thing's never really bothered me. What was amusing, however, was working for my first security company and having people that were agitated with me try to write down my badge number. Why? I never worked for in-house security...EVER. I don't know if all companies are like this, but at my company, the badge number didn't mean anything. It wasn't ASSIGNED to you. You simply picked up a badge that had your corresponding rank and there you go.

Lose a badge? Whatever. Get it replaced. Although, I would have fun with this time to time by acting all secretive and covering up my badge while talking to people and stuff. You oughta seem them try to peek around all frantic trying to get the number when all they really needed was my name!

Comment

If I don' touch your hand, then don't worry about it. The only time I touch the hand, when I am giving change, is if I am familiar with you. i once had an asshole who, when I stuck my hand out for him to put the money into, he put it right onto the desk. So I done the same to him
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

At our store, we were instructed that once the drawer was open, we can't accept change. Just give them the change from what they originally handed you and close the drawer. You can either explain that once you enter the amount you have to give that change back or you can just close the drawer real quick and say, "oops, sorry. I've already closed the drawer."

I also repeat the amount of money back to the customer when they hand it to me to give them one last chance. If they hand me a $20 bill, I just say, "Out of $20?" and it gives them the opportunity to fish for change, otherwise I'm giving them change out of that bill. If they try and give me change after that, they are SOL.
                        "MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken!" - Lewis Black

Comment

I don't get the name tag thing from customers as much as I get it from the SM.
                          Holy crap!
                          He uses my full, legal name, all the freaking time, no matter the fact that I always correct him when he does it, no matter the fact that my time card says my nickname, no matter no one else in the store knows my legal name (including me, for that matter, I hardly ever react to my legal name, it's been so long since I used it)
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
                            What really grinds my gears is a clock key.
                            On a related note, you know what burns my ass? A flame about 3 feet high.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

http://bash.org/?99835

Bash FTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X