Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

customers who think it is the end of the world when you have discontinued a product

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customers who think it is the end of the world when you have discontinued a product

Today I had a lady come in, and she wanted some chicken salad which we had stopped selling, and when I told her we no longer sold it she looked like she was going have a breakdown of a sort, anyway after wards she bought some chicken and went on her way. Is it me or do some of the customers think it is the end of the world if we run out of products???

Out of Print? What does that mean? They don't make it anymore? Well, can't you get me one? I neeeeeeeed it!!!

Wah.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

How about when a product has been discontinued for months or even years, and someone comes in and asks for it, claiming that "It can't be discontinued, I just bought it here last week!"

Our winery stopped making this port wine over two years ago (the last bottle was sold about six months later), and we still have people coming in for it, calling us liars when we tell them its not made anymore.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Out of Print? What does that mean? They don't make it anymore? Well, can't you get me one? I neeeeeeeed it!!!

Wah.
        You have no idea how many times I fielded this at the record store.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          "It can't be discontinued, I just bought it here last week!"
          Translation: I bought the bottle forever ago, and only got around to drinking it last week, and it was really good, and I want some more waaaaaahhhhh
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I can't tell you how many customers are stunned-stunned!-when I tell them we no longer have biscuits and gravy at McDonalds... something we discontinued 10 years ago!!!!!
            "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth KittieBrackish View Post
              Today I had a lady come in, and she wanted some chicken salad which we had stopped selling, and when I told her we no longer sold it she looked like she was going have a breakdown of a sort
              Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Quoth Boozy View Post
              Our winery stopped making this port wine over two years ago (the last bottle was sold about six months later), and we still have people coming in for it, calling us liars when we tell them its not made anymore.
              Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
              You have no idea how many times I fielded this at the record store.
              Quoth Marxfan View Post
              I can't tell you how many customers are stunned-stunned!-when I tell them we no longer have biscuits and gravy at McDonalds... something we discontinued 10 years ago!!!!!
              Oh come on.

You mean you don't keep a "special" supply in your back room just for people who really want the discontinued whatever?
              Last edited by South Texan; 11-08-2007, 09:46 PM.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

My Fav store stopping makeing my brand of lipstick. Nothing lasted as long, or looked as good. It makes me sad(and I've written to Corp many times) but I'm not going to whine at the employees. Although one girl did commiserate with me, it was her favorite too!
                Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Marxfan View Post
                  Huh, at my old store we still sold it. Maybe they went to one that still had it and that's why they were stunned.
                  My Wajas cave

Comment

Yeah. I get that quite often. People coming in, looking for a computer they bought "not long ago, maybe 3-4 years ago." They either have questions about it (something they have to show me for me to understand) or want a part for it. Most of them understand that technology changes quickly, but some flip out. "What do you mean 'discontinued'?! It's brand new! I only bought it a couple years ago!" Then I tell them that our computers usually cycle out for new ones every three months, on average.

Had one lady once ask me if we still sold the Sega Saturn... in April of this year. She wanted new, not used, and refused to believe me when I told her it was no longer being manufactured as of several years ago.
                    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                    - IPF

Comment

Quoth Bramble View Post
                      Huh, at my old store we still sold it. Maybe they went to one that still had it and that's why they were stunned.
                      Just like how Hawaii McDonalds has Saimin.

Comment

When I was in McDonalds in Thailand I had a Samurai Pork Burger. What do you mean I can't have one here in Minnesota? I want one NOW! WAAAA!
                        Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
                          When I was in McDonalds in Thailand I had a Samurai Pork Burger. What do you mean I can't have one here in Minnesota? I want one NOW! WAAAA!
                          I was too scared to try that when I was there. The ice cream + coffee things they had, though? Why the hell don't we have that?!

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                            Just like how Hawaii McDonalds has Saimin.
                            Hmm now you have me curious as to what exactly that is....
                            My Wajas cave

Comment

I'm so used to everything I like being discontinued, that I try not to like anything any more!
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X