Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Completely Fried Battery - How to contact the manufacturer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely Fried Battery - How to contact the manufacturer?

I ordered a battery from amacomputerstore.com and it's completely fried. I got it exactly 14 days ago. I sent them an e-mail and I'm hoping they'll replace it, in the mean time I'm using my old stinky battery. I don't have a lot of faith in this store. They were cheap, but they don't state any sort of return policy.

Honestly, the battery itself is faulty, and it looks like the standard HP battery for all computers of this type (Compaq Presario V6205NR Notebook). It even has the "Replace with HP Spare" sticker on it, the same as the original battery.

The battery is supposedly not old. It thinks it is fully charged but it won't turn on my computer. I know it's the battery and not the adapter giving problems because the old battery WILL charge properly and I'm typing this on the computer in question right now.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to do next. I want this battery replaced, and I need a new one by the end of the month (I'm leaving the country for May), so I need to move AFAP. Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturer, and at this point would it be more cost effective to just buy a new battery from someone else? I could use the advice.
    If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

There's a key piece of info that we need to answer the question, namely who made the battery. The way I read your post is that it is a 3rd party replacement battery that look like an HP one. Without knowing who made the battery, we don't know where to start looking for contact info.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Update

Hrm, now the old battery also will not turn on or accept a charge, just like the new one. I think either there is a problem with the connection between battery and computer, or the AC Adapter is lying and it's not giving my computer any charge.

I tested the adapter with a volt meter, but I'm not sure I did it right. According to the volt meter it's giving 2v charge, when it should be closer to 17.

Blegh. I just barely ripped apart my phone and fixed it. Why, why won't electronic things stay working? I think I might be cursed.
      If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

It definitly could be the adapter. We've had them go bad at work before. If you have one available, test it with someone else's adapter. Maybe a local computer place will let you test one if you explain what you suspect the problem is. Just be sure to buy from them if they let you troubleshoot with their equipment.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

UPDATE: First, it's a HP battery, not a third party. Second, I know it's not the adapter because it does it even with two different chargers.

The latest news is my computer is now dead with no real explanation as to why. It's most likely a hardware problem. The cheapest hardware I could buy to try and fix the problem costs more money than I can afford, so I may just be scrapping the computer.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. This is the second laptop in as many months, and my phone just died. I'm having some MAJOR bad luck.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm sorry. That really really bites.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

well, contact info is http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/....html#section1
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
              X