Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entitlement Whoritis at the Race Track (Horse Racing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlement Whoritis at the Race Track (Horse Racing)

Story the First

I was working as the usher/section attendant in the box seats (where all the rich people, such as David Cassidy and Bobby Flay sit) when these two gruff shoddily dressed guys come up to my staircase I was stationed at and proceed to sit in one of the private boxes (mind you, that is already claimed for the season at a cost of 30,000 buckos) without even asking. I walk over to them and politely request that they leave because the owner of the box walked away to place a bet (a small white lie) and the fact that they are not in dress code for this area (dress code is dress slacks, a collared shirt, and a jacket for men...the first guy was wearing torn paint splattered cargo shorts and a f*ck you t-shirt, the second guy was wearing cut off jeans and a t-shirt saying "if i wanted to hear a bitch talk, i would ask my dog to speak" (so not even close to the dress code). Their response to me was to leave them the fuck alone and they could sit wherever they damn well pleased and that they didn't have to be in dress code because it was so fucking hot (their words). I reasserted my demand that they leave because they were causing a disruption, to which moron the first told me he was going to find me in the parking lot after the races were over and kick my ass as well as making my mother wish she never gave birth to me. All gloves were off at this point as I gritted my teeth, sucked it up and got the supervisor who came over, requested the "gentlemen" (using the term loosely) leave the box area and the track immediately, to which they told the (female) supervisor to shove it up her c-word. At that point, the security guard came over and told the gentlemen that they had to leave immediately while radioing the security director who brought two police officers, having the morons removed from the premises in handcuffs for being a public nuisance.

Story the Second

On my break, I neglected to remove my fashionable red vest (so people can identify me as their minion and slave apparently) and was on the phone listening to a voicemail when a patron came up to me and asked me where something was, completely ignoring the fact I was on the phone. I answered his question but was taken aback by his rudeness.

Story the Third - Suckiness on the Mgmt's part

At the beginning of the racing season, ushers were allowed to seat people in the box seat area (and make major tips doing so). However, two weeks into the season, this privilege was rescinded because ushers were going two to three sections over from where they were stationed to seat people, leaving their stations uncovered (a big no no). From this point forward, only the box captains were allowed to seat people...costing us major tips and alienating several influential customers who did not appreciate us just pointing them in the direction of their box or making them wait for the box captain. I understand wanting to avoid sections being uncovered, but instead of removing a policy that worked, why not install people in the positions that will follow the rules?
    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

*headdesk*

Were the "gentlemen" still screaming obscenities when they were taken away in handcuffs? Were they saying this was "unfair" and they should be allowed to sit "anywhere"?

As for Story #3 - We all know Managers do the all or none thing. Have the influential people complained to management? If not, they should.

Comment

Rummy,

Is the sky blue? Of course they were screaming obscenities haha. These particular men taught me cuss words I didn't even know existed and I spent three weeks the summer of my senior year in high school in JROTC bootcamp with a Drill Instructor who was a Southern man from backwoods Georgia (which says it all).

As an aside to the story, the "gentlemen" were banned from all NY Racing Authority Properties for 5 years
      Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

No way! LOL Now that is amazing and amusing!

Now I want to learn all those obscenities you were taught. Did you write them down?

Comment

so after calling you a bitch
          they got bitch-slapped by the entire organization...

yay!

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
            No way! LOL Now that is amazing and amusing!

Now I want to learn all those obscenities you were taught. Did you write them down?
            Yes please, I second this. I want the list too.

Haha, that would be rather amusing if ever I was in a situation that called for the use of those words.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Sorry folks I did not have a chance to write down the cuss words because I was too slackjawed listening to this inbred dipshit calling me curse words that were most likely well received among his brother who was also his grandfather, his sister who was also his 3rd cousin once removed, and his son who happened to be his nephew as well.

There will not be a list and for that I apologize, but one word I do recall with great clarity is when I got called a f*cking rabbit shit f*cking asswipe...I at him because I was totally lost lol

Comment

Working...
              X