Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare you tell me off for using someone elses card and PIN!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How dare you tell me off for using someone elses card and PIN!

One of my friends has just ranted on Facebook about a jobsworth at a petrol station. Her, her partner and their children had stopped for petrol. She sat in the car while he went in with her card. The chip & pin was down so he had to come out to get her to sign the receipt.

The woman behind the counter advised that she shouldn't give anyone her card and PIN, even her partner as anything could happen and she wouldn't be covered for any loss. My friend lost it big time and started shouting at her in front of the queue that it was none of her business and she'd do what she wanted, it was her card blah, blah, blah.

As I said, she's posted about it on Facebook and isn't very happy when I and some other people have pointed out that it is classed as fraud and her bank could and would close her account for doing so and that the poor woman behind the counter was just trying to look out for her and avoid any potential disciplinary action.

And someone else has just posted that everyone does it, as if that makes it all ok.
    "The pepper spray was cruel but to hit them with Barry Manilow was just plain vicious,"

She'd pitch the biggest fit if her card would be compromised in any way. Too many people complain when others are just trying to watch out for them.
    I NEVER let anyone use my cards. Not even for a minute. That's all it takes is just ONE unguarded minute for some unscrupulous person to play havoc with your accounts.

Comment

I may have mentioned I currently work for a cc company. Had a lady call in because while she was very ill, she gave her card to her neighbor to go online and order airline tickets for the CM (cardmember). Neighbor used the computer out in the lady's living room. However neighbor also purchased tickets for her husband and herself on the CM's card. I can't even feel sorry for the lady, as what kind of idiot hands their cc info over to someone they barely know.

Comment

you know what else everybody does? farts, that doesn't mean it's ok.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Another brilliant example of why con men are so hard to catch, so hard to punish, and why there seems to be ever increasing numbers of them . . .
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

indeed. it's one thing to give someone your pin and card for the atm
            but when it comes to a shop the store is NOT obliged to accept it.

and even with married couples you're not suppose to accept it. cos that's what a lot of divorcing couples do... they fuck their spouse's credit on purpose with over spending.

these days you're suppose to use the card yourself
            or have a card made up for the other person in his or her name (mom & dad do that)
            or have a signed note - but even that might not be accepted these days.

Comment

Don't even reveal your code word to somebody's mother who is dying and in a coma. It may come back to haunt you.

/seinfeld
              Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

I get this all the time where I work. The person whose card it is has gone to stand at the far end of the till and can't be fashed to walk the 3 or 4 steps to the PIN machine, so it's 'You put the number in, you know it.' When I point out that technically this counts as fraud, they're all - "But we're MARRIED!"

Doesn't matter. You may be one person in the sight of God, but as far as everyone else is concerned, you're separate entities.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

This is why you get joint accounts (which, if I understand correctly, even if the name on the card isn't yours, as long as you are on the account you can use it without it being considered fraud... might have to jump through hoops with the bank for them to confirm that you are indeed authorized to make a payment with that card, but still possible).

I'm just fearing what's going to happen since I need my car in for repair and I don't have the time for it... now my roommate has been kind enough to agree to let me later this week borrow her car so my fiance and her can take my car into the dealership with my credit card... and I can just see where the suck will ensue with trying to get the dealershit to take it.

And closing back on the OP, yeah, if you haven't taken the time to get your card set up properly as a joint account, then you have no right to bitch when people actually expect you to be the one using your card and not someone else.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

even then stores won't accept the card. they can't see whom else is on the account.

my parents have a joint account but they each have their own card. i remember mom forgetting hers, so she had dad come over and sign for the purchase because she knew the store wouldn't accept her just using his card.

Comment

Quoth Jangles the Moon Monkey View Post
                      And someone else has just posted that everyone does it, as if that makes it all ok.
                      I don't, so everyone doesn't.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

my mom has had me even sign her name at the register - she's in one of the handicapped carts, and can't reach the key pad thing - so she just looks at me and says, would sign that for me. I have signed her first initial and last name, and also done the X by person Y thing.... I'm given too much access to other peoples money, I guess its a good thing I'm honest - I'm handed the company CC, the Bosses debit card, mom's debit card, I've even been handed my brothers card, and occasionally friend's cards - but they know they can trust me - i give back the receipt and the card.
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Take a screenie and post it on Failbook...then send the idiot a link to the comments saying what a moron they are!!
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                          X