X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several sightings

Long post

Lubys:
    This past Labor Day Luby's had a special on their pies..$6.99 each. You had to place your order a couple of days in advance. So we ordered 2 pies to pick up...chocolate icebox & cherry.

Luby's is also having a special deal on their Luanne platter...if you are a senior citizen & you arrive after 4 p.m., you can get one for $5.99 instead of the regular price. There is a big sign in front on the cafeteria stating this information as well as a bigger sign close to the sidewalk several feet away from the cafeteria.

I pick up the pies after 4 p.m., & I also wait in line to order their special for that day....ribeye steak & a potato of your choice.

Elderly couple with their grown son, who was wearing his work uniform (looked like he dealt with customers), were in front of me while I was waiting in line. All 3 ordered the Luanne platter. They make their way to the cashier. She rings them up, & she tells them the total. The wife asks her "were the 2 of us charged $5.99 for the senior Luanne platter?" The cashier says "I'm sorry, but the 2 of you were charged the regular price." The wife then says "so we weren't charged $5.99 for the senior Luanne platter?" The cashier repeats herself, & she calls for a manager.

Manager arrives. The wife explains to him what happened. He askes her if she either told the person who took her order that she wanted a senior Luanne platter or if she told the cashier that she ordered the senior Luanne platter. She said no. He then told her she has to inform either the person who took her order that she wants the senior Luanne platter or the cashier that she ordered the senior Luanne platter so she is charged correctly. She stood there for a while, & then she said "this is confusing. They should let you know this." He son convinced her to pay the bill & that they could return at a later date & get the special. I told the manager that I saw the sign out front.

Bus stop:
    This happened Tuesday while I was wating for the bus to go home. There were other people at the bus stop, including a libray employee, who was wearing his uniform, & pissed off library customer.

pissed off library customer to guy wearing a blue shirt with the library's name on it: "Do you work at the library?"
    library guy: "yes"
    pissed off library customer: "Man...that security lady working there is crazy. She told me I could not drink my soda inside the library. She would not let me even finish it."

Library guy looked at him, but he said nothing.

pissed of library customer: "But this did not happen to me last time I was at the library several weeks ago. There needs to be a sign."

pissed off library customer: "I mean she could not even let me finish my soda. There needs to be a sign. I just said whatever, & I left."

me: "Well..some people enforce the rules. Some people do not."

Pissed off library customer stopped complaining.

Library guy's bus arrived. He smiled at me, & he got on the bus.

At dispatch when I arrived at work Wednesday morning:
    Visitor parking was reserved for an event Tuesday through Thursday sponsored by the President's office.

This happened while I was getting the keys to the booth & signing the log book. "Nancy", who works at the Parking office, was there as well as the lead dispatch guy & another dispatch guy.

The phone rings. "Nancy" answered it. Here is what happened.

"Nancy": "Parking"
    customer at the Visitor parking entrance gate: whatever she said
    "Nancy": No ma'am, you cannot park. The garage is reserved. You have to back up & exit." *that told me the full sign was on*
    customer at the Visitor parking entrance gate: whatever she said.
    "Nancy": "No ma'am, that does not matter. The garage is still reserved. You have to back up, turn around, & exit."

She hangs up the phone. She told the lead dispatch guy "she said but I am here to teach a class!!! That does not matter. She still cannot park." He agreed.

The phone rings again, but this time the lead dispatch guy answers it.

lead dispatch guy: "campus police"
    customer at Visitor parking entrance gate: whatever she said
    lead dispatch guy: "The President's office reserved the garage today."

He hung up the phone.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 09-09-2010, 11:54 PM.

In regards to the senior discount, why not just fix the price on the ticket? I know she should have specified what she wanted, but it's not like the cashier or order taker can ask if she's a Senior.

Comment

I don't really understand the senior discount thing either. Say a store advertises pepsi on sale, but it rings up regular price unless I ASK for the special price. And when I do ask, I'm told I should have asked for the advertised price ahead of time. I don't get it.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Unless you look older than Methuselah, there's no way for a cashier to know if you qualify for a senior discount.

I'm four years younger than my husband, but because of his grey hair and wrinkles, and my smooth skin (genetic, I think - Nan looked young and lovely for a very long time), we look more like thirty years apart.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Not all cashiers can alter an entered item on their own. The registers my store uses will not allow order deletions after it's gone to the pay screen.

Comment

Working...
          X