X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    my school never had that trouble
    they had the photographer come to the school... so any parent loitering around and snapping pictures could legally be asked to leave by the school itself
    We had the same.

Quick background note: In Australia, the school year for primary and secondary students is end of January-mid December. For tertiary students it's usually February-November. The Australian school year is also divided into terms-most states have 4 terms.

The photographers will usually come to the school in around term 1/2 (high school students) and late term 2/early-mid term 3 (primary school students). Usually the packages they offer are either portrait shots and class photo, class photo only or portraits only. They also did family packages separately-note, this meant siblings from the same school, not the whole family.

Parents aren't allowed at school on picture day unless they're volunteers and even if they are, they can't come into the school hall.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

For my high school, the yearbook staff brought in a photographer to do head shots of all the seniors, and I think we had to pay a small fee for the one photo that was used in the yearbook. That was the ONLY shot we could use in the yearbook, because the admin wanted us all dressed appropriately--we were a private school, so it did make sense.

For the photos I sent to my relatives, though, I went elsewhere. I couldn't afford the small fortune the guy was charging for his packages and I wanted to wear what -I- wanted.
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

For my senior pic I had to go to the photographer's studio across town. Had to take the bus (I think my dad had to work, and my mom couldn't drive). My brother went with me because I didn't know the area at all. Afterward we walked all the way downtown from the studio, quite a hike as I recall, to get the bus home. In those days parents didn't hover like they do now...it was more like, 'here's the busfare, see ya later!'
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Analogy time:

Bringing your own camera (whatever quality) to a professional's studio and taking your own pictures is like bringing your own bottle in to a bar and asking for a glass. Just because they provide a service does not mean you are allowed to duplicate it yourself. (I think someone mentioned copyright laws. I think this also falls under restraint of trade or something like that.)
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

well... can't say i never did that with some wine, but... i gave them the bottle and asked them to serve me so they got paid for the service still.

but i know where you're coming from. it's in bad form to step on the pro's feet while he or she is working

Comment

Working...
            X