This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ExRetailDrone View Post
    She used to have a chomping problem - when she got excited (which is whenever she met someone new or someone she hadn't seen in a while) she would start chomping her jaws together, which obviously detracted greatly from the rest of her personality. She wasn't trying to hurt anyone, she wasn't angry, it was just her way of showing extreme excitement.
    Our Bonnie used to do that, too. Weirdest thing, sounded like someone banging 2 wooden shoes together. She'd combine it with this weird, vertical, jump 'n' wriggle, like some demented version of Zebedee.

She's a greyhound/pit bull mix - oddest looking dog I have ever seen, but adorable
    Now I'm trying to imagine her. They're such different body types - how did she pad out? Any piccies? *looks hopeful*
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
      Now I'm trying to imagine her. They're such different body types - how did she pad out? Any piccies? *looks hopeful*
      Why yes, I do have some pics Not great ones, as she hates sitting still when we're there because if she's sitting still, she can't give us a billion kisses But still enough to be able to tell her body type and coloring.

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
      Be careful assuming abuse. We got our boys at 10 weeks and they've always had the best treatment, but one of the two is just plain skittish, no two ways about it. A sneeze, a cough, walking towards him, something like the garbage bag that you mention...all will send him bolting. His brother is one of the smartest, most confident and self assured cats I've ever known.
      We know he was abused. His previous owner used to hit him a lot - hold him down and beat the crap out of him. My mother-in-law worked for the rescue league that saved him. My husband ended up keeping him because the poor thing didn't show well because he was so traumatized. When I first met my husband, he had had the cat for a couple of years or so, and even still sometimes when we would go to pet him, he would flinch away thinking that we were going to hit him. He's gotten a lot better over the five years I've been with my husband, but sometimes he still flinches away and acts like we might hit him. So... there's no assuming, we just may not have all the information of what he went through, which is why I wonder about some traits he shows.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by crazylegs; 09-06-2010, 12:43 PM.
      "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth ExRetailDrone
        Why yes, I do have some pics Not great ones, as she hates sitting still when we're there because if she's sitting still, she can't give us a billion kisses But still enough to be able to tell her body type and coloring.
        She's a sweetie How long did she sit still before lunging forward to start licking? I'm guessing about 0.0035 seconds

Love her colouring, there's a large-size greyhound around here with the same pattern.
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

We know he was abused. His previous owner used to hit him a lot - hold him down and beat the crap out of him.
          ...hold an animal down and beat it?!

UGH!

We saved a German Shepherd from the shelter. When we went to the shelter, all the other dogs were barking excitedly, and he just sat there quietly wagging his tail and looking at us. He was terrified of me at first, which is so frustrating knowing he's probably been abused in the past, and just doesn't know yet that I won't ever hurt him.

He was 39lbs when we got him, and even with his thick winter coat, you could still see every rib on him. He's now 65 lbs, and he and I are best buddies. He's the sweetest dog I could imagine, and even defended us the day a pit bull attacked. He wouldn't let me interfere with the attack. Wife had to pull him away while I punted the other dog off the hiking trail. This happened when we'd had him for less than a month.

We take him hiking regularly, and still shows his gratitude for us saving him daily. When he's done eating, he'll get in our face and lick us to death as thanks for giving him food.

First thing in the morning, he'll jump up on the bed between the wife and I and roll over on his stomach, usually laying across our laps so we can scratch him, and even though he's a large breed dog in a small 2 bedroom condo, he's not rambunctious or destructive, but has no qualms about tackling all over his best doggie friend from the building across from us, provided we're outside. :-D
          Coworker: Distro of choice?
          Me: Gentoo.
          Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

She's a sweetie How long did she sit still before lunging forward to start licking? I'm guessing about 0.0035 seconds

Love her colouring, there's a large-size greyhound around here with the same pattern.
            I don't remember, but I'm sure it wasn't very long at all She's a very sweet dog and very energetic. If my husband and I had a house of our own with a nice yard, I would take her home with us, but unfortunately that just isn't the case. Plus, I don't know if we would be able to separate her from my mother-in-law. The best picture I have of her is on my phone, when my MIL was gone and she was moping on the couch because my MIL was gone
            "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

I love brindle dogs, their coats are so pretty.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                And another one from today. Poor babies.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/d...-die-in-desert

Seriously, I understand times are tough and you might not be able to care for your pet anymore, but there are shelters to take them to.

We've got a wonderful no-kill shelter here, Watermelon Ranch. Just about anyone can tell you where it's at.
                Or, if sheltering is REALLY not an option, one or two .22 LR hollowpoints to the back of the head is a quick and painless way to go to the big dog playground in heaven.

Note: I love animals and hate the idea of killing them, but if the pound/humane society is not an option/available, one or two bullets to the head will send the animal off without it knowing it.
                Last edited by Skelly; 09-07-2010, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X