Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several years ago I saw an eagle dive at a skunk in our backyard, get about ten feet from it, then do some sort of "OH CRAP!" maneuver and go back up in the air. It smelled bad, so I think skunkie-poo saw it coming and got it
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
      I'd recommend seeing if anyone has any berries (rasp,straw, blue) crush em a bit so you get the scent, and lay a nice little trail out of the store. Skunks are omnivorous, and they do like berries
      Certainly a much better (and more humane) idea than chasing it with a forklift.
      Quoth zombiequeen View Post
      Several years ago I saw an eagle dive at a skunk in our backyard, get about ten feet from it, then do some sort of "OH CRAP!" maneuver and go back up in the air. It smelled bad, so I think skunkie-poo saw it coming and got it
      Great mental image there!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Certainly a much better (and more humane) idea than chasing it with a forklift.
        But we wouldn't have a great mental image.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Everybody sing:

Dead skunk in the middle of the road floor
          Dead skunk in the middle of the floor...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That's why so many of them end up dead in the middle of the road - they think it'll stop a car. Works for everything else, after all, why not a Chevy? Skunks don't have to run from ANYTHING.

A skunk is not going to be frightened off by a forklift if it's not going to scurry away from a truck.

--Ben

Comment

Best ways to move a skunk: call animal control. Call VexCon! Be calm and quiet, make sure you have something you can toss over the skunk and wrap it it - like a tarp.

Also, BEST way to get rid of the skunk smell? NOT tomato juice!!

Its actually baking soda! Baking soda and I think it was water, just make a neutral solution with the two and spray yourself down! Got that from "The Exterminators" when Billy was called out to deal with some skunks
              "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
              ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

one walked by my apartment a few nights ago. the smell was bad enough that i was gagging on the way to the windows.

I just hope they squirted the smokers who live near me. i don't know who they are but their smoke comes in my windows. i hate that.

Comment

Quoth Munkie View Post
                  Its actually baking soda! Baking soda and I think it was water, just make a neutral solution with the two and spray yourself down! Got that from "The Exterminators" when Billy was called out to deal with some skunks
                  Don't forget the dish soap.

Comment

Seriously, I would rather go toe to toe with a angry grizzly then a skunk. We had one come on our land. Was asked "Are you going to chase it off the property?"

My reply "Oh **** no, you know that old joke where does a 800 lb gorilla sleep? Well, I would much rather face that 800 lb gorilla. That thing goes where it wants, I will get animal control, but that is about it."
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      one walked by my apartment a few nights ago. the smell was bad enough that i was gagging on the way to the windows.
                      I've had that happen at my place, too. Not a fun way to be woken up in the middle of the night! "zzz...hm? *sniff* WHOA!"

(Though it's undoubtedly better than actually getting sprayed!)
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        I've had that happen at my place, too. Not a fun way to be woken up in the middle of the night! "zzz...hm? *sniff* WHOA!"
                        It's even worse when it comes in through your CPAP machine. I'd left the machine on the floor under the open window for some fresh air, and our local stinkyrat must have seen something that startled it, because it let go right under that window. Shit. I couldn't sleep for quite some time after that.

I call it a "negative skunk", by the way; I saw it once, and it's white with a black stripe, rather than the other way round. Doesn't mean it smells like perfume, though.

Comment

Just saw some skunk live traps for sale in a catalog my dad has...they're these 6" to 8" PVC pipes that close like the wire traps do. They're too narrow for the skunk to lift it's tail and spray. Kind of interesting, but I bet it would spray as soon as it got out of the trap.
                          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                            Just saw some skunk live traps for sale in a catalog my dad has...they're these 6" to 8" PVC pipes that close like the wire traps do. They're too narrow for the skunk to lift it's tail and spray. Kind of interesting, but I bet it would spray as soon as it got out of the trap.
                            Not according to the Mythbusters... They could NOT convince skunks to spray. Really makes it hard to bust myths about skunk spray.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                              Not according to the Mythbusters... They could NOT convince skunks to spray. Really makes it hard to bust myths about skunk spray.
                              I remember that now, I think that skunk was just in awe to be with the Mythbusters, it was giving them a couresy no-spray.

Comment

Years ago, I was out to dinner with my dad and my bf at the time. It was an outdoor restaurant, and there was a skunk walking nearby....bothering no one.

Some woman freaked out, saying, "Is that a REAL LIVE WALKING SKUNK??"

I think I muttered, "No, it's skanking," but I don't remember.

The bf was from the Netherlands, and that was the second skunk he saw...first one he saw was in out backyard...he was shocked at first....but knew enough not to go near
                                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                                X