• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Whiskey View Post
    pot.. meet kettle..
    haha i think those were my exact words

the cashiers are far from lazy though.

Comment

I've had customers bitch at me for being over the limit at the express lane. However, what are you supposed to do when the lines are long at the other checkstands and the cashier says to follow them to their express lane? Obviously they want to get you out as fast as possible.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I think the only thing I could bring myself to complain to Wal-Mart about is... They removed the 12 SCO machines from the Wal-Mart near me 'to open more lanes'... They put more lanes in, but they didn't put more CASHIERS in. There's the exact same number of registers open 24/7 as there were back when they DID have SCO... Minus the SCOs that were closed after a certain hour anyway. Sunday, I think I counted 5-10 registers(Long days and I am tired and my memory's not that wonderful anyway) open, out of some 20-40 registers(Again with the day/tired/memory).. And lines for literally every line were stretching into the clothing department Seriously, if you're going to put in more registers, PLEASE put more bodies in to RUN those registers! Then we don't get these problems!
        Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Granted, I'm used to being able to call for a sacker (or someone else to do it if there aren't -- as usual -- any of those available) which does pretty much cut checkout time in half, but there's truly a minimal difference in checkout times. The difference for any decent cashier between ten items and forty items? One minute. That is why I at least don't bother arguing about the express lane business (nevermind the fact that corporate decided to make literally half our real registers be marked as express). Sending someone away costs a few moments; it's just not worth the bother to me when I know that unless those extra seventy items are all oddball produce that I have to hunt for on my code sheet its only going to cost the next person two to three minutes. If you don't have an extra two to three minutes, go to that tedious and irritating U-Scan (that I'd like to take a sledgehammer to).

Comment

At our local Walmart, they have a habit of the ONLY register open during grave being the "10 items or less express" lane, and occasionally one or two of the "20 items or less" mini-lanes. I guess you're not supposed to buy very many things in the middle of the night.

In cases like that, I think, it's justified.

Comment

Working...
            X