Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible. I have to say that crowd up there puts up with way more drama than mine ever would. She might have some issues she can't help. She might just be one of those people who look for things to get offended at.

It could be any number of things that may or may not have anything to do with me.

At this point, it's just a source of entertainent for us. Last time, She made a big point to warmly greet everyone in my group except for me, which I honestly didn't notice until one of the women in my group was snickering about it later and pointed it out to me. I dunno what I was doing, probably tuning something. I was like "seriously?"

I guess if she's going to snub me, she'd be better off waiting till I'm paying attention. Otherwise, it's kind of a waste.

Comment

See this is where I interject myself into her bitchiness and be the total opposite. See me gleam! It'll be the you-can't-avoid-me-I'm-in-your-face-and-super-kind sort of way. Want me to get the door for you? Oh haha your joke is funny. I'm getting a beer, do you want one?

It's wonderfully entertaining when they silently stew in their pissy attitude. What are they going to say, "I don't like so-and-so, they're too nice.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, see, that's kind of what I'm doing. I'm not kissing her ass, but I am being as nice to her as I am to anyone.

I asked her about her unusual bodhran and complemented her singing. She does a rendition of Matty Groves that rocks the house, and I told her as much. When I make eye contact, I smile and nod.

I'm sure she hates it.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          When I make eye contact, I smile and nod.
          Meanie. How could u?!

Comment

2. Possible. Probable. Since she lives in Jersey, and chooses to hate random people, it's just good odds that I look like someone she hates. Half the girls in Jersey look like me.
            I had that once! Had a line cook that came in, and hated me. I'd never met her, but she pretty clearly didn't like me at all and would avoid me or get all stiff and short when forced to deal with me.

I pulled her aside and asked her what a tall blonde guy had done to her, that she would treat me that way? She was stunned, and then admitted that she did have a former boyfriend that I looked kinda like, and that she had just associated me with him in her mind automatically.

After that, she was a hell of a lot nicer to me, if a bit embarrassed at first.

Comment

LOL you.. are too much fun. I'm with PepperElf though, be sickening sweet one day, just to watch her reaction. Could be fun!

Comment

Actually, she was invited to my group's annual household party as a guest by one of our members and when she arrived, he brought her over to me and specifically introduced me to her Upon which I greeted her, thanked her for coming out, and helped introduce her around.

If there was something wrong with my first meeting of her, she's looking for stuff to get pissed about.

She actually went back and posted on her group's web page that I seemed leery about having someone from her group as one of our guests. Which was flat out crazy talk.

Comment

It's messed up when you are using manners and niceness to annoy someone, but that is what I am doing and it seems to be working. We live in a crazy world.
                  Miss Manners highly approves of this approach.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Well, you know, I always say "let the other guy be the asshole." And far be it from me to show a guest anything but our best hospitality.

Even if they are psychotwats.

Comment

I'm playing a gig on Saturday with someone who acts a lot like that person.

I'll take a play from your book and act all nice to him. I'll report back on how it goes.

He's also more talented than me and I always figured he acted that way because I wasn't elite enough to talk to him or something. The group he belongs to is very prestigious. I belonged to them once but I quit before he joined, so it's not like we know each other well enough to have bad blood.

Besides, elitism is just stupid in this case. This is fife and drum, folks. You could be the most talented fifer in the world and nobody would care because, you know, it's a fife.
                      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                        This is fife and drum, folks. You could be the most talented fifer in the world and nobody would care because, you know, it's a fife.
                        This is brilliant. Change "fife and drum" to "folk" and I can totally steal this.

Comment

This is brilliant. Change "fife and drum" to "folk" and I can totally steal this.
                          By all means.

Nothing really to report about yesterday. The fellow was very pleasant and polite. All day. No idea why but I wasn't going to jinx it by asking.
                          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                            Actually, her living in NJ answers your questions. Psycho bitches ALL come from NJ!
                            I disagree!!

I was a psycho bitch BEFORE I went to NJ. NJ just accentuated it.

Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X