This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Forgotten Pot.

My Mom, who is a police dispatcher/911 Operator told me this gem to me over the weekend.

Someone called her 911 line asking to send a officer to their house, to "break in" and turn off a pot they forgotten and left heating on the stove a "Couple hours ago". To make matters worse, the call went to the police department for the wrong town, so she had to transfer to another department.
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Happened to someone else, so it's more of a sighting.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

did the cops do it?

and better yet what were they thinking... leaving home with the kettle still on?

Comment

Sometimes people forget stuff. It DOES happen... We should be glad they remembered it before it was hopefully too late, though!
        Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

We just had a whole apartment building a town over go up in smoke because someone left a teakettle on over a open flame...from 3:45am. They tried calling a neighbor to check on their place but the neighbor did nothing and so everyone lost all that they couldn't get out quickly. It was a bitwrong to call the police, but hey I would have done it if I thought I left something on.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            My Mom, who is a police dispatcher/911 Operator told me this gem to me over the weekend.

Someone called her 911 line asking to send a officer to their house, to "break in" and turn off a pot they forgotten and left heating on the stove a "Couple hours ago". To make matters worse, the call went to the police department for the wrong town, so she had to transfer to another department.
            First off Mom has a tough job there, not one I would be able to handle. Secondly the fact that they were sent to the wrong town is something to be taken up with the phone company, they have the rate area set wrong in their switch.

I DO work in telecom and we watch that closely because of 911.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              First off Mom has a tough job there, not one I would be able to handle. Secondly the fact that they were sent to the wrong town is something to be taken up with the phone company, they have the rate area set wrong in their switch.

I DO work in telecom and we watch that closely because of 911.
              Could be the call came in from a cell phone, and the cell tower routed it to the most likely office needed.

Comment

Heck my cousin got a call at work, telling him that his place was on fire (it wasn't just smoke). He had left hotdogs on the stove cooking. The pot was black and unusable afterward. He was lucky somebody spotted the smoke before it actually did worse damage.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth bsaana View Post
                  Could be the call came in from a cell phone, and the cell tower routed it to the most likely office needed.
                  Which is why cell phones have to have gps capability now....to avoid going to the wrong town....
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                  X