This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    dang. dunno about your college but mine has explicit rules banning harassing other students over a multitude of subjects including religion, race, and sexual preference. in popular hangout areas (such as student lounges) they have reminder signs posted even.

same with the second girl.
    an organization that tried to badger people into joining would not be well accepted here.

heh come to upstate ny
    Pepper, you wouldn't happen to be going to a SUNY school, would you? Because that's been my experience as well.

Comment

Pepper, officially the school has rules against harassment etc...
      Unofficially, the administration has the attitude that we are all adults, we should handle ourselves as such. Sadly, part of that is learning how to deal with the people who don't handle themselves as adults. So, basic attitude, if you wouldn't go to the police about it off campus, don't come to us about it on campus (which I can somewhat respect... the real world is not a nice place and the school wouldn't be doing us any favors by coddling us).
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Sadly, part of that is learning how to deal with the people who don't handle themselves as adults.
        so the attitude is that while they may have rules against this, they aren't obliged to uphold those rules? sounds like they're open to lawsuits as well; not a very bright administration.

if those people cannot handle themselves as adults, that means they aren't ready for higher learning. send their asses home. (geez i only wish)

maybe it wouldn't be the mature thing to do, but calling the moron out on his behavior may shut him down; pwn him the way you did that 'recruiter.'
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Lucky Charm View Post
          Pepper, you wouldn't happen to be going to a SUNY school, would you? Because that's been my experience as well.
          Yep!

i think that's a state-wide regulation for the participating colleges. no harassment of other students allowed.

Comment

I wish our school had that regulation...I'm in our LGBT club [with straight supporters welcome ] and last year, they were trying to change the discrimination stuff in our uni's charter, because it didn't even MENTION discrimination based on orientation or gender. [Well, maybe gender, but not if you're transgendered...you know what I mean...] So I guess no one's "technically" supposed to harass, but asshats do, anyway.

Luckily, I haven't been harassed on campus, but I do remember walking somewhere before and having someone yell "Faggot" out their car window at me.
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              Yep!

i think that's a state-wide regulation for the participating colleges. no harassment of other students allowed.
              That's cause people up here don't take no sh*t from anybody

There is a very active, involved LGBT community here, but even the straights will tell jerks to STFU.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X