This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pagan View Post
    But I wish we had grocery delivery services like that here in the US.
    You only wish you had them until someone calls you up trying to get you to switch, and tries to convince you that it's just a cheap and then you don't have to shop. (FTR, it's only just as cheap if you're rich, you have to normally buy name brands for it to not cost more. It's like how Sobey's is cheaper/no more expensive. And what's this about not having to shop? Yes, sometimes it's nice, but then I'd never see the discount rack, never make impulse cookie buys and never find out that there's a new brand of soy frozen dessert on the market.)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      Never got caught. Lord knows, back in my drinking days if it got to be too late to go pee at the bar, I'd just pull my panties down to my ankles, hike the skirt up and pop a squat around some parked cars, or I'd go hide in amongst some trees.
      Word.

If they'd had these fines and rules back in my partying days, I'd be listed as a pedophile 20 times over.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        We catch people every so often urinating on the sides of our building, even though we have plenty of restrooms. They just NEVER seem to think it's a big deal. The fact that we are a place for family's and kids makes the police think otherwise
        Low voltage electric fence wires run along the building will fix that problem.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Low voltage electric fence wires run along the building will fix that problem.
          A friend of mine has urinated on an electric fence. Once.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            we do. its usually the higher end stores that do it. Raley's (they go under multiple brands, you might have one) does it.
            We used to have them. They were in New Mexico for a few years and then they pulled out.

We've really only got two big chain grocery stores here, Albertson's and Smith's (Kroger)....and Wally World.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              But I wish we had grocery delivery services like that here in the US.
              ShopRites in NJ do home delivery.

As do some Festival Foods in NE WI.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Safeway does home delivery too...waiting for mine right now
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Grocery Delivery. Color me jealous!

Just another thing that I'd be living in a cardboard box in order to afford.

Hell, half the time - the only thing that gets my ass motivated to even GO to Kroger is the fact they have a starbucks in it.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Safeway does home delivery too...waiting for mine right now
                    I totally forgot safeway offered this. Now I'm really never going to leave the house.

edit: they delivery liquor *faints*
                    Last edited by Whiskey; 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM.
                    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                      I totally forgot safeway offered this. Now I'm really never going to leave the house.
                      Heh. That too!

It'd give me even MORE reason to be hermit-like when I get in my moods.

Comment

In some parts of the world, peeing in public like that gets your ass beat. Just ask James Schomperlen.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          We used to have them. They were in New Mexico for a few years and then they pulled out.

We've really only got two big chain grocery stores here, Albertson's and Smith's (Kroger)....and Wally World.
                          So many of the Albertsons in my area were bought out and converted to Publix stores. Don't get me wrong, love both store but when I'm pinching pennies I go for Albertsons. I would LOVE to have grocery delivery in my area. Peeing in the middle of the sidewalk?!! That's just nasty! Glad you reported him, CRML.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

We've got grocery delivery around here but you pay through the nose for it.

Comment

Ya safeway does charge a pretty good delivery fee but when you don't have a vehicle to do shopping with and you have to shop for 4 to 5 people it would end up being the same cost as a cab. And this is easier.
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                                Just in case all those on the US side of the pond aren't up on their English English to American English translations, who probably pictured the street itself, it's worse than you think. Pavement = Sidewalk
                                I just realized I spend wayyyy too much time here. I read "pavement" and automatically pictured concrete. I've started to use other britishisms in my everyday speech, too.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X