This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Becks View Post
    Amusing story. When I went to the DMV to switch from a New Jersey driver's license to a Wisconsin one, I got called up before I finished the paperwork.
    I think this should be in the 'it's fiction' thread.

*ducks and runs away*

Kidding aside, I think I've walked right up to the counter at the DMV here...

....probably twice in 20 years.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Our little town has a DMV, and hardly ever any wait. Maybe because it is a small town? *shrugs*. Or maybe it is because of my hours, and that I go almost as soon as they open. Don't have a clue.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I expect to be in the DMV (without appointment) for at least 3 hours if I dont get there an hour before opening. Anyone who expects anything else is delusional.
        Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Our DMV also issues non-driver ID's. You have to go through the same lines and provide the same proof. The first time I went, the lines were loooooooonnng. Some twit realized she'd been standing in the wrong line for ages, then she bitched that she should go ahead of me because she'd been there longer. Too bad, not my fault you've been standing in the wrong line when the signs for each one are bigger than your head. Next time READ.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            To be fair, the DMV exists to generally make you life miserable, and I wouldn't put it past them to tell you one thing and change their story 2 minutes alter.
            So true (unfortunately). Now in my state's DMV you pretty much have to bring in a boat load of documentation for anything, even to renew or change the address or name on your license. I'm a card person and to me it's a PITA to have to go somewhere to get cash anytime I or SO have to go to the DMV. Worse is the wait time. I'm not kidding when I say this: SO had to wait 6 hours in the DMV just for 15-20 seconds of the clerk's time to process stuff for him to keep his license. I had to stay behind since there was space restrictions inside (thankfully there was shaded areas with benches nearby).
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
              I expect to be in the DMV (without appointment) for at least 3 hours if I dont get there an hour before opening. Anyone who expects anything else is delusional.
              Dmv opened at nine am today. People were complaining loudly at 903. People who got there at 830.

I got there at 7. Still managed to wait politely
              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

In Georgia there was one DMV office per county. It took me months to get my Michigan license changed over after I got married. They opened at 0900, by 0905 there would already be 150+ numbers out for people waiting. Here in Alaska they are all over. The longest I've ever had to wait was 1 hour but that's because the computers went down. My number is usually called before I have the paperwork filled out.

Comment

Working...
                X