• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return item fee

SC: I was charged a return item fee. I need to know why

Me: looks like you had a check returned for $30

SC: from who?

Me: John Smith

SC: no, no, no.....John told me that check was good.

Me: i am sorry but it was returned

SC: can't be. He said it was good. You need to credit that back to my account

Me: you'll get a copy of the check which you can redeposit

SC: I am not redepositing anything. You need to clear this check now

Me: I am sorry but we cant. It was returned

SC: well I am telling you, it was a mistake. The check should not have bounced. John said the check was good. Can't you just trust me?

Me: unfortunately, we can only go on the information we have

SC: the information you have is the check is good.

Me: it got returned

SC: it was a mistake. John himself said the check was good. If it were not good, he would not have told me it was

Me: you can redeposit the check

SC: no....you can credit the $30 back to my account.

Me: no

SC: you stole my fuckin money. I am getting my lawyer. (she starts crying). Thanks for nothing, shithead

These are not the checks you are looking for.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth moneybags View Post
      SC: it was a mistake. John himself said the check was good. If it were not good, he would not have told me it was
      Me: Sorry, I don't know John from Adam but John's bank says he lied to you about the check. Personally, I'd double check anything else he swore to... he didn't tell you his STD check was good, did he?
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

wow! and she really just took his "word" that the check was good? Oh boy....
        “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
        ― Rebecca West

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          Me: Sorry, I don't know John from Adam but John's bank says he lied to you about the check. Personally, I'd double check anything else he swore to... he didn't tell you his STD check was good, did he?
          I think I love you.

Comment

SNIP
            John said the check was good. Can't you just trust me?SNIP
            We do trust you. It's John we don't trust.
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Does John Smith work security at a nightclub in Prague? After all, those guys bounce Czechs all the time.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Does John Smith work security at a nightclub in Prague? After all, those guys bounce Czechs all the time.
                DQ Blizzard. Nose. Owie.

Comment

Why is it the people who threaten you with lawyers the most seem the least likely to be able to afford their services?
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I couldn't help but think of the movie "The invention of lying" hearing this. This was based in a world where people were literally incapable of lying so anything someone said was taken as the absolute truth. One guy pulled this exact routine in the movie and it worked. Unfortunately for this stupid twit, she's not in this movie world.
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

SC: I am not redepositing anything. You need to clear this check now

Me: I am sorry but we cant. It was returned

SC: well I am telling you, it was a mistake. The check should not have bounced. John said the check was good. Can't you just trust me?

The one thing I'd like to help you with that I think you can try for next time is for you to start asking her uncomfortable questions that she has to answer before you'll proceed with the conversation.

For example you could do something as easy as this:

Me: Do you have proof you can show me that the check didn't bounce?

Questioning the customer's line of reasoning puts them out of their comfort zone that the customer must always be right and forces them to either back down or look the fool as you corner them when they can't answer your questions.

Hope this can help.

Comment

Depends on the place where the OP works. At some, the higher-ups decree that Almighty Customer *boom*crackle* Must Never Be Questioned -- even when they're being an idiot.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

My laptop's not crazy about Chocolate Cream Pie.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            Why is it the people who threaten you with lawyers the most seem the least likely to be able to afford their services?
                            Or have cases that any sane lawyer would laugh at, after charging them a fee of course...

Comment

I have to say, it was pretty damn awkward that time I grabbed dinner from the Chinese buffet across the parking lot, glanced at the wall, and saw one of my managers listed on their "do not take checks from these people" list.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X