This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
    That is great for it's intended use, but I imagine it would be a huge danger too. The whole expectation of privacy thing, with regards to the right to videotape. What if the staff had to duck into a bathroom to pick up a papertowel or add more soap. Or to use the washroom themselves. I can see big problems with this.
    That's just an engineering problem. Set up a bluetooth beacon in the bathrooms that the cameras detect and automatically shut off. Easy.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      There used to be a web site called Shitty Tippers that would list names and describe the tips and services/problems, etc.
      It still does, but is under a different name: Lousy Tippers

http://www.lousytippers.com/
      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        That is great for it's intended use, but I imagine it would be a huge danger too. The whole expectation of privacy thing, with regards to the right to videotape. What if the staff had to duck into a bathroom to pick up a papertowel or add more soap. Or to use the washroom themselves. I can see big problems with this.
        Indeed, there are some pretty rigid rules in place to prevent things like the bathroom incident from happening. For one, they have to take the badge off when leaving the box office at any time. And the WiFi connection for the cams doesn't extend as far as the level for the toilets anyway. However since a customer is already on CCTV when they enter the building, I think it's no different. No law expert or anything, but they do have notices up, stating that they'll be recorded.

Comment

The bookstore I worked at (god I'd go back to that job in an instant) had a binder in the back room full of descriptions of SCs and incidents. Manager/owner would back us up on refusing to serve any one of them, no reason needed. Either she would deal with them or a permanban was a real possibility. I think we only had to ban one SC when I was there; she was a crazy lady who would bend anyone's ear with tales of abuse (her husband was the sweetest elderly man you could meet) and latch on to anyone that she felt was a 'good listener'.

Quoth Legacy_of_Torment View Post
          our box office staff now wear camera badges, so when it all goes down management can play back the feed and see if the customer is lying about what happened.
          Ooh, we need those; not only might the threat of being on camera even more than they already are stop someone getting grabby/violent, it would give the store more teeth to finally ban the SCs that we should have years ago. It might also catch ASM out on giving away the store though (and catch him and a few other shift leads making cashiers look bad and generally disrespecting us), which is probably why he wouldn't approve.
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-06-2014, 02:13 PM.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
            I prefer the Henry Rollins idea, where every single time someone does something catastrophically stupid (like forgetting that things like keys set off metal detectors), the trap door opens up and they have to spend the rest of their lives with all the other idiots underground...
            I wouldn't go with stupidity; everybody has a brain burp now and again. Let's leave the trap for bullies, scammers, sleazes...basically, those who are being an ass on purpose. The worst of the worst.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              I wouldn't go with stupidity; everybody has a brain burp now and again. Let's leave the trap for bullies, scammers, sleazes...basically, those who are being an ass on purpose. The worst of the worst.
              Or you could have successive levels of basements for the varying levels of SC-ness involved. Nine ought to work out just about right. Hmmm... that sounds familiar.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Nine ought to work out just about right. Hmmm... that sounds familiar.
                It would be a Divine Comedy.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Working...
                X