X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Liiiiiiiiife.

Oh my lordy, I've missed you all.

I started a second job (boooo) at a tavern, no less. And yes, it is called a "Tavern" and very much has that vibe to it so much of the time I don't have to deal with many awful people because they're USUALLY all blue collar folks.

I'm just a dishwasher and food runner so the only interaction I get is when I bring the food out to people. The worst things I have are people no remembering what they ordered and just staring at me blankly. And this:

Me: Spinach dip?
    SC: COULD THE PITA BE ANY MORE BURNED?!?!?!
    Me: Would you like a new one?
    SC: NEVERMIND. FORGET IT!!!

I just shrugged and walked away. The bartender later came up to me and told me she's always a royal bitch like that and to just ignore her.

As for the gas station...oh boy.

A regular a-hole decided to shout through the whole store that my college education "doesn't mean shit" and loudly repeated it while he stomped away from me. I have no idea where that outburst came from because he had been fairly nice up until that point. Today he randomly asked a woman how old she was and was being super loud and creepy while throwing his money at me and my trainee.

I don't know if posted about this one before or not but I was berated for a full five minutes by a man who thought I was "stupid" and "retarded" for asking him if he wanted a bag for his half gallon of milk (some older people just like having a bag so I ask.) He went on and on and on about how stupid I was and when I provided that I like my stuff in bags because I live on the top floor with no elevator, he told me "You should come hang out at my apartment. I have AIR CONDITIONING and you could play playstation." I know I look young but really? Freaking weirdos.

Two more CWs have seen penises when they've been cleaning the mens room and men come in with their junk hanging out. This is why I prop the door open with the trashcan.

Two men started heckling me while I was cleaning the mens room. I made sure to take more time than usual.

The lottery sent out faulty coupons (It's a shitty one anyway) and it is ALL OUR FAULT.

The urinal had to be removed from the wall by the Roto Rooter guy because of a blockage. At the very same time, one of the womens room toilets needed to be removed because of a leak by a plumber. There was a line of 12 women who wanted to go to the bathroom and one snottily asked me "Well isn't there a MENS room we can use?" I laughed and told her that if she really wanted to go in there, she'd have to tell the Roto Rooter guy to leave. The whole store smelled like straight-up Grandma piss.

A woman came up and said, "There are no prices on anything."
    I then pointed to the price sticker on each of her items.

We keep getting complaints about how dirty the mens room is. So we've changed from cleaning it 2x a shift to 3x a shift. That means it's getting cleaned 9x in a 24 hour period. And then they just keep shitting in the urinals. If you want it clean so fucking badly, how about you try to keep it that way? And yes, we do shut down the mens room while we clean it and NO, we will not stop in the middle of it so you can piss. STOP WAITING UNTIL THE LAST MOMENT OR GET YOUR FUCKING PROSTATE CHECKED OUT IF YOU CAN'T HOLD IT, FOR GOD'S SAKE REALLY!!!!

*something doesn't scan*
    SC: It's free!
    Me: No it isn't, but guess what is free?!
    SC: What?
    Me: Your receipt!
    SC: ....

One of my former CWs quit not long after a drunk woman hung her used tampon on the door handle to the back room.

I keep finding blood on various surfaces in the mens room

A man pointed to a giant coffee spill all over the floor and stated, "I did that." No remorse. No offer to help clean it. Just a primeval type of ownership. A blathered statement of proud accomplishment as though none of us thought of painting in that manner and on that surface. Fuck you, kind sir. Fuck you in the ass with a rake.

A kid reached across the counter, stole a carton of cigarettes, and ran off with them. When I asked my CW why he didn't leap over the counter and stab the kid in the carotid with a pen, he replied, "I really wish you would have been here. But then I don't really want to see you get arrested." The police have subsequently caught him and we are pressing charges.

There are so...sooo...soooooo many more that you've missed and I've forgotten.

My life. My liiiiiiiife.

Quoth Gaki View Post
    You served Chandler Bing from friends?
    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Heyo, please don't jump over the counter to save your store a few bucks worth of merchandise... Your safety is worth more than their profit.

Comment

You know, you just can't win with bathrooms. The ones at my mall were cleaned almost every hour...you'd be AMAZED at the sh*t that could happen in an hour! But we got complaints from both sides; half the people complained we didn't clean the bathrooms enough, half complained we cleaned them TOO MUCH and they were never open! One woman demanded to management that the bathrooms only be cleaned once in the morning, once in the evening....ewww....

Do you have the same problems in your restrooms? I found that the women's restroom had more disgusting issues; poop on the walls, unidentified fluids on the floor, etc. The men's restroom had more destructive issues; soap dispensers pulled off walls, holes drilled through stalls, full rolls of toilet tissue stuffed in the toilet bowl.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Raveni: Looking at the tapes, I could have taken him. He wouldn't have even seen it coming. Some fat 17 year old kid. I've got so much pent up burning rage I probably would have hit him like a freaking train. I would have bowled him over so fast he wouldn't even have time to think about getting a punch in.

I may be little...but I am one vicious little _ _ _ _.

LillFilly: ACTUALLY: The men's room is the most disgusting thing ever. In all ways all the time. We have actually had more destructive things happen in the women's room (they like to kick the toiletpaper things off the wall). The men's room is usually covered in piss, blood, poop, spit, mud, dirt, splatters of god knows what, etc etc etc. I actually requested from corporate an additional deodorizer sprayer thing so now we have two and they each spray at staggered five minute intervals.

I still have to go in there with the Lysol and spray the whole place down so it doesn't REEK of crap. It's pretty much the worst bathroom I've ever seen and dealt with. When I scrub the urinals, flakes of brown chip away from the interior lip of it and when I wipe the outside of it, there is always ALWAYS a dried stream of piss down the front of it.

The women's room is only ever catastrophic when you have old women shoving adult diapers in places they don't belong and having accidents all over the seat and the floor and...yeah.

But not nearly as bad as the mens room. I swear they're freaking summoning satan in there.

Comment

Maybe not Satan himself...the Prince of Darkness wouldn't sully his person by appearing in such a filthy place.

:P
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

If you want to know how civilized a place is, check the public bathrooms.

We're doomed.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When I used to work at a particular Atlantic Canadian (primarily) gas station chain owned by a certain family the company was named after, we had this woman who would always complain about the state of the washrooms and when we'd go check they were a friggin mess. Now with this chain the bathrooms are checked every 15 min ( or every 30, it's been a while) And we couldn't understand it. Come to discover it was her creating the mess. We started to recognize her car pulling up so we'd send someone to go clean the bathroom and it's work out that they'd be leaving the bathroom as she was waiting outside it. We'd caught onto her scam and she couldn't get away with it anymore.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

We're doomed.
                  One of my chef-instructors says that he checks the bathrooms of restaurants where he goes. If the restroom is dirty, the kitchen will be too!
                  My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

We're doomed.
                    Some people have NO idea. When I was a security guard at a Pharmaceutical company.. the horrors I seen. Keep in mind this was adults, in a private place (no people coming off the street to use the restroom), and the people in it were all college graduates with high levels of education. That did not stop them.

More then once I walked into what I can only imagine as somebody trying to paint a masterpiece that had gone horribly horribly wrong. Either that or a monkey escaped from the zoo, got past the cameras, and manned guard station right next to the restroom, and flung its feces all over the place..maybe both
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                      "Why certainly! Just look up here: Oh dear, looks like I missed the pita."
                      Quoth Gaki View Post
                      A kid reached across the counter, stole a carton of cigarettes, and ran off with them. When I asked my CW why he didn't leap over the counter and stab the kid in the carotid with a pen, he replied, "I really wish you would have been here. But then I don't really want to see you get arrested." The police have subsequently caught him and we are pressing charges.
                      Couldn't happen to a more deserving kid.
                      Quoth Gaki View Post
                      My liiiiiiiife.
                      ♪♫ Go ahead with your own life, leave me aloooone! ♪♫ (first thing I thought of when I saw your title! )
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

♪♫ Go ahead with your own life, leave me aloooone! ♪♫ (first thing I thought of when I saw your title! )
                        I remember that song...here's the one that popped in my head with the title. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2u5uUu3DE

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                          one of the womens room toilets needed to be removed because of a leak by a plumber.
                          That plumber DEFINITELY needs to see a urologist if his "leak" requires that the toilet be removed.
                          Quoth LillFilly View Post
                          The men's restroom had more destructive issues; soap dispensers pulled off walls, holes drilled through stalls, full rolls of toilet tissue stuffed in the toilet bowl.
                          Any chance of getting the "deluxe" partitions with a guillotine rigged to slice off anything that gets put through the holes?

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          "Why certainly! Just look up here: Oh dear, looks like I missed the pita."
                          Actually, it looks like you made a solid hit on the P.I.T.A.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth PastryGal View Post
                            When I used to work at a particular Atlantic Canadian (primarily) gas station chain owned by a certain family the company was named after, we had this woman who would always complain about the state of the washrooms and when we'd go check they were a friggin mess. Now with this chain the bathrooms are checked every 15 min ( or every 30, it's been a while) And we couldn't understand it. Come to discover it was her creating the mess. We started to recognize her car pulling up so we'd send someone to go clean the bathroom and it's work out that they'd be leaving the bathroom as she was waiting outside it. We'd caught onto her scam and she couldn't get away with it anymore.
                            Hey, children, can you say "BANNED FOR LIFE"? Come on, it's easy!
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                            X