Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, we both have the same problem. You.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only wish the other customer had kept up his haranguing of the SC

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
      Sounds like their software was designed with very little input from someone who had even a modicum of Operations training. I had one class--one class--in Operations Management and I know I could do better.

At the very least, I'd build in a minimum staffing level
      The problem with the software my company uses, well, it's not really with the software. It's that the company puts a payroll limit in the mix. So, while the computer probably provides my store with great coverage, by the time they add the payroll restrictions in, I'm down to base minimum staffing (which in my opinion is below base minimum anyway).

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        *Big box retail* has a spinning bag holder so the cashier can bag and spin the bags around to the customer to put in their cart. Problem was, I'd have my arms in the bag and the customer would pull the spinner so they could grab the next bag. This of course resulted in metal bars slamming against my arms repeatedly through my shift. When I first started cashiering, I kept wondering why I had so many bruises. Cashiering is much more physical than it appears.
        YES. This. It's definitely more physical than anyone could realize. I am constantly getting banged into by those arms, paper cuts from things like funky yogurt packaging, smashed fingers from things like cantaloupe and watermelons like the OP mentioned, and then there's the general ickiness of handling sticky grapes and leaky meat packages. I wear my rings on a necklace while I'm and work and I get a lot of customers asking me why....um, just....yeah. Do this for a day and you'll see why.
        Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          *Big box retail* has a spinning bag holder so the cashier can bag and spin the bags around to the customer to put in their cart. Problem was, I'd have my arms in the bag and the customer would pull the spinner so they could grab the next bag. This of course resulted in metal bars slamming against my arms repeatedly through my shift.
          Why can't the spinners be equipped with a brake, triggered either by a foot pedal or a proximity sensor to detect if the cashier is currently bagging an item? You'd think that the savings on worker's comp claims would pay for the increased cost of braked vs. unbraked spinners.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X