Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The trouble is that no matter what answer I give, whether "fine" or "not too bad" or "pretty good" or "good" or whatever, they argue with it. If I were to say "Eh, you know," well, they wouldn't know. They don't understand the range of human experience.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That's because they're not human -- they're Sucky Customers. Hey, if they can consider us subhuman, we can do the same to them! ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

"I'm doing some how."

or

"I was doing better, but then I got over it."
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I sometimes answer "Can't complain" *pause* "Out loud."

It has yet to fail to get a laugh.

Normally I respond with "Not too bad." and other variations.

Comment

Truth

I tell the truth and tell them I am TERRIBLE and it will take about 30 minutes to tell all that is wrong in my life.

The few people who don't believe and ask for details usually learn to never ask that question again, or at-least settle for my usual one word answer.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              I tell the truth and tell them I am TERRIBLE and it will take about 30 minutes to tell all that is wrong in my life.
              Reminds me of one of my favourite For Better Or For Worse strips (April 24, 1993):

clicky

"How am I today? Well . . . "

Comment

My answer is usually a dead-pan "ginger-peachy"

For some reason, they do not believe me

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  Reminds me of one of my favourite For Better Or For Worse strips (April 24, 1993):

clicky

"How am I today? Well . . . "
                  That was awesome.
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                  X