This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Day Mayhem

With Sunday being mothers day, we were crazy busy today. The dishes got so backed up, all three (very large) sinks were filled, the platform built on the sink was full, there were dishes under the sink and on the table beside the sink. So they pulled me from the front to wash, and I got about halfway done and had to run out front with my hands dripping and my shirt wet from the sprayer and take peoples order because the line was backed up to the door. Every table was used And of course, a lot of those customers were SC's.

One table was so dirty after the people left, me and my coworker had to team up to clean it. There was food thrown everywhere on the table and the floor, they had about a million bottles of sauce on the table, they had spilled a drink on the floor and proceeded to spill baby snacks in the drink, so that we had to scrub up mushy baby snacks. Without so much as a bye, they waltzed out, laughing the whole time, leaving hell behind them.

In my last thread, I ranted about a guy who couldn't aim in the men's room. I take it back, I'd rather have that guy back every day I work there than deal with another one who didn't even try to hit the toilet. And let's not forget the guy who threw up and got it all over the toilets, on the floor, the walls. Or the guy who, rather than throwing away their used paper towels after washing their hands (I hope) they threw them in the floor. The room is so small he literally only had to turn around to see the trash can, didn't even have to take a step, but that was just too much work for him I guess.

Or the guys who came in well after closing, saw all the chairs up, my coworker sweeping one side of the floor and me mopping the other, and asked if we were open. Upon being told we were closed (though my coworker did say we might have something left), they went to the register and asked the lady there if they could order anything, scaring her because she was counting money at the time, but they did actually wind up with a meal, though they were sol on getting anything fried because we were already cleaning the fryer.

And speaking of sweeping/mopping the floors, what the hell is wrong with people that they think it's okay to throw the bones out of their chicken in the floor? It wasn't just one person, either. This is apparently a common belief. My cw and I were joking about making a sign that said throw your damn chicken bones away and hanging it at the register. It wouldn't do any good, though; We all know SC's don't read.

And to the guy who left a whole quarter as a tip; You have my everlasting gratitude. You single-handedly made the whole night's work worth it. /sarcasm. The most pathetic part? It was the highest tip we got tonight.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Not. Though I really do hope I get called in early--I could use the money.

Quoth Safire View Post
    One table was so dirty after the people left, me and my coworker had to team up to clean it. There was food thrown everywhere on the table and the floor, they had about a million bottles of sauce on the table, they had spilled a drink on the floor and proceeded to spill baby snacks in the drink, so that we had to scrub up mushy baby snacks. Without so much as a bye, they waltzed out, laughing the whole time, leaving hell behind them.
    And I'll bet no tip on top of that!

Hugs and booze...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      And I'll bet no tip on top of that!
      None. Tonight I got a whole 50 cents in tips! I get us not getting tips, we call people up to get their food, they order at the register, they throw away their trash. But tonight there was one group that we brought their food to them, they left all their trash all the table for us to clean up, and they still didn't tip, and that pissed me off.

We also had one guy come in, and he asked how I was doing in a strange way, and I just kinda shrugged cause I didn't know what he was actually asking, and he looked at me like I was stupid and just kept talking. I almost called my coworker over to deal with him, and she was laughing at me the whole time I was trying to take his order.

Had to mop up piss in the men's room again tonight, as well as pick up dirty paper towels. Came out and told my cw I was getting fed up with the fucking men's room, and that it couldn't be that hard to aim. She laughed, but she must have decided I did need a break because she cleaned the bathrooms at closing.

This part isn't sucky, and in fact it made my night better. (Or at least it made me laugh) Since it's a little family restaurant, if we're not busy and the customers want us to stand there and talk we do, and tonight I had a group come in and they asked me to stay and talk with them, and they asked if I was married or had a bf. I told them no and one of the ladies said “Well you just gotta make the boys notice you. If you walk in a restaurant and he doesn't see you, trip over the first table and he will." My cw and I were still laughing about that advice at closing time, but I really don't know if she was being serious or not. They kept on giving me advice on landing a guy and telling me how they got their spouses.

All in all we were actually less busy than yesterday, which surprised me. Also, all the kitchen guys were there, so nothing got backed up, which was a bonus. (One of the kitchen guys called in sick last night. We all wanted to strangle him ) I really can't complain, though, I keep having to take time off for college shit.

Oh, and I was talking to my cw, who might be leaving for a higher paying job in June about how I was worried about us not finding a good replacement for her, and she said that shouldn't be a problem because they always had people asking to work there. That surprised me, because I'd just assumed they asked me to come back to work there because they couldn't find anyone else, but now I know that's not the case. Made me feel good for the rest of the night (This is my second time being hired, I kept blacking out last time. Now I know I black out from standing still too long and make sure to keep moving while I'm on the clock)

Comment

You guys have Mother's Day in May? We have it in March here...and it's usually Mothering Sunday
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Yeah, it's the second Sunday in May here.

Comment

Working...
          X