Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*also raises hand* I`m somewhat colour blind. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, says things like `go to the purple door, press the green button`. Asking for clarification without the colours is like asking for a recitation of swanns way. Backwords. In latin.

I`ve given up, I usually say `oh, ok` and wonder off to press random buttons near random doors.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
      I`m somewhat colour blind. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, says things like `go to the purple door, press the green button`.
      You don't seem to be the only one with such problems.

Comment

I would think most folks would understand about color blindness and revise their directions to accomodate you. "Sorry, it's the third door on the left, press the top button."

Well, I would, anyway. Or are most people like the receptionist in Argus' link? If that's the case, a bit of sensitivity training is definitely in order...
        Last edited by XCashier; 05-17-2014, 04:29 AM.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think it is just that people fix a landmark in their head, once they have the information stored they don't bother with anything else. So once they know it's the green door, they don't have to worry how many doors along it is, what's beside it, or how many windows is in it, it's just the green one. Trying to get information more than green out of them and they just haven't bothered to store any, it's superfluous to them.

Personal theory, no proof I'm right at all.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I will admit to saying "The green button" on multiple occasions. All the other buttons are blue.

Usually after saying the name of the button, which is usually "next"

Comment

Re the self-service kiosks; I had to use some just prior to Xmas (for pressies, unsurprisingly ) and the staff were totally AMAZED that a) I didn't need help with every single button, and only asked for their opinion as to whether I should use matte or gloss for different things and b) that I didn't scream & yell that there was gonna be a 20+ minute wait, as someone had just dropped off a massive bulk order on no notice & demanded it be done immediately. I asked where the nearest book store was, jotted down my mobile #, and told them to take their time, and call/txt when they were finished - and made it clear I'd be browsing/reading, so there was no time pressure at all The staff were so appreciative it made me wanna
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
              X