This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few random ones

Just a few random tidbits from the past week or so.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Phone rings.
    Me: *spiel*
    SC: "Yes, I would like to reserve a room for Saturday night."
    Me: "This coming Saturday? I am sorry, but we are completely booked. Do you have another date in mind?"
    SC: "You're sold out of everything?"
    Me: "Yes, that is correct."
    SC: "How many rooms do you have?"
    Me: "We have 196 rooms here."
    SC: "And you are telling me that they're all sold out for Saturday?"
    Me: "Yes, that is correct." (duh)
    SC: "How can they all be sold out?"
    Me: *thinking: we have three business conferences plus a long weekend in Canada* "It's a very busy weekend, sir. Did you have another date in mind?"
    SC: "I just can't believe this! There's not even one room left?"

He can't seem to process information well. He should get that looked at.

I can tell you really love your momma if you're planning this far out

On Mother's Day, we had a brunch that historically has been incredibly popular. At 10pm the night before...

SC: "Yes, I'd like to reserve a time at the brunch tomorrow."
    Me: "Okay. Just so you know, the earliest I have is 1:30pm."
    SC: "That's too late! Don't you have anything earlier? Will there be any cancellations?"
    Me: "I cannot promise any cancellations. Our banquet manager confirmed all the reservations with guests yesterday."
    SC: "Fine, put me down for 1:30."
    Me: "Okay." *gets info*
    SC: "We're just going to show up at noon and see if they can seat me early."
    Me: "You are welcome to try, but as I said, I can't make any promises."

You must really love your mother if you wait until the last minute and then plan to show up early and make her wait an hour and a half for seating...

Water request

Not an SC, but...

Guest: "Yes, I would like a pitcher of room-temperature water delivered please."

Really? Really? Room-temperature water? You do realize you can get that for no extra charge out of the tap, right? Just...really?!

Whatever, if you want to pay a $5 room service charge for f**king room temp water, that's your business.

Aaaaand that's all I have time for now.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post

Guest: "Yes, I would like a pitcher of room-temperature water delivered please."

Really? Really? Room-temperature water? You do realize you can get that for no extra charge out of the tap, right? Just...really?!

Whatever, if you want to pay a $5 room service charge for f**king room temp water, that's your business.

Aaaaand that's all I have time for now.
    Hey if he wants to pay the stupidity tax...who are we to say no?

Comment

What, there isn't a secret bank of rooms for people that really want them?

Comment

You mean you don't have more rooms in the back?
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Well,there's always This room available
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            Well,there's always This room available
            What about this room?

Comment

You must really love your mother if you wait until the last minute and then plan to show up early and make her wait an hour and a half for seating...
              Reminds me of the traditional Mom's Day brunch at Galatoire's back home -- unless demand has died down in the past few years, they are currently accepting reservations for the 2016 event, and possibly the next year's...
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

He didn't happen to be bald, did he...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8dO1bUTVQ

Comment

For #1 and #2, I'm surprised that they didn't demand you cancel someone else's reservation to make space for them.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

You wouldn't believe how many people actually do wait until the last damn minute, and then get mad about things not being available or what they want!

Not only was one of my last boyfriends like that (gahh, memories of literally running from parking lots into movie theaters and being forced to sit in the damn front row getting a kinked neck for being late), but I've noticed that a lot of people in my age range are like that too. Not to spark anything, but it seems a lot of us weren't raised to plan and think ahead.

Yeah, being an adult blows in the sense that you don't always get a lot of free time. That's why you have to manage it. Around holidays, around other people, around everything, pretty much. Don't like it? Well, if you insist on being one of those people who thinks it's fun to live every single moment randomly, that's fine and dandy, but don't expect to always get your way, and also, don't be upset when you don't retain many friends due to your flakey tendencies.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

He can't seem to process information well. He should get that looked at.
                      SC: "I just can't believe this! There's not even one room left?"
                      bhs: "Ah, you got me. There IS just one room left."
                      SC: "I KNEW IT!!!"
                      bhs: "I lied. There are no rooms left. But you know that feeling you had a moment ago, when you had no problem believing we'd sold off 195 rooms and there was 1 left? Just add one room to what you had no trouble understanding and we're set."

I would last about a day in the hotel biz, tops. Kudos to you and your brethren.

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
                        What about this room?
                        And this one if you insist.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                        X