This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed.. as in not open! (LONG)

I am 2IC and Dispensing Manager at the optometrist I work at. Means I basically run the store when the owner isn't in.

We are refitting our store this week (which is a whole other headache!) so for the last 3 weeks I have been warning potential customers that if they want their glasses/spectacles on time they are going to have to purchase them soon or there is going to be a delay. We have had HUGE signs up and I know for a fact all of the staff have been telling all and sundry about the refit.

Cut to last friday (last business day before the refit) A customer who had been in the store several times trying on the same pair of frames FINALLY decided she wants them. She has tied up my time and several of the girls time just looking at herself in mirror which would be fine if she wasn't a demanding harridan!

We do quote for the frames + lenses and all the snazzy extras. Haggle on price (we are on sale so she is getting a super good deal on designer frames) After all that we have this exchange:

Me: Ok Ms Smith we can do your eye test today. Because of the refit we are closed next week until the following tuesday so your glasses will take a touch longer than the usual week turn around. We are looking at about a week and a half.
    SC: What refit? I need these urgently! You didn't tell me you were closed next week!
    Me: *annoyed cause I know damn well I have mentioned the refit at least twice especially in relation to the sale price!* I know you work near our "X" store if you like I can arrange for you to pick them up there. *big smile and hopefully bonus points for paying attention to her life story*
    SC: No this is unacceptable! You should of told me what you were closing! I want more of a discount for the inconvenience!
    Me: I can post them to you express post mid next week. Since you are buying a designer frame I can offer this service complimentary. *hope slowly dying*
    SC: And!
    Me: and I can an upgrade in your lenses and give a free cleaning kit but since you are already getting a 25% discount plus the 10% off the lenses already Im afraid that is the maximum I am able to offer. It is an extremely good price on "x" lenses with "x features" (insert glasses babble here)

The backwards and forwards went on for about 5 minutes and I refused to budge, after all the time she had taken I was not giving in. Eventually she decided that she was ok to pick them up from our other store with the other things I had offered. She did her eye test and paid for her glasses seemingly in a better mood. I emailed our other store to make sure they took good care of her and to make sure that her job was handled with the greatest of care once it reached them.

Later that afternoon an email comes through the website complaining about how our store handled her transaction and how we didn't try to help her, didn't offer to resolve her problems etc and demanding that "corporate fix it" We only have 4 stores and my boss called me to get the whole story and said I had handled it fine. *headdesk* no pleasing some people!

TL; DR: Entitlement whore didn't listen to staff or read signs about delays, wanted extra discounts of her off glasses got upgrades instead. After the problem was supposedly resolved she emailed the head office to try and weasel more discounts.

Quoth TealJellyfish View Post
    Me: I can post them to you express post mid next week. Since you are buying a designer frame I can offer this service complimentary. *hope slowly dying*
    SC: And!
    Me: "...and if you're still not happy and demanding more, then I'm taking back these discounts and you will get nothing!"

Hey, we can dream. Can't we?

Comment

Later that afternoon an email comes through the website complaining about how our store handled her transaction and how we didn't try to help her, didn't offer to resolve her problems etc and demanding that "corporate fix it"
      What a bit- err, piece of work!! Hope your boss gave her what-for
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Oh she read the signs, and listened to the staff. What she heard was "Wow, way to get a discount!" and when it was not big enough, the next thought was "Since I knew this already, but they can not prove I did..go to corporate..I will get even more!"

Yes..I am jaded
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

TL; DR: Entitlement whore didn't listen to staff or read signs about delays, wanted extra discounts of her off glasses got upgrades instead. After the problem was supposedly resolved she emailed the head office to try and weasel more discounts.
          Is it too much to ask for the owner to contact the EW and tell her to never step foot in his stores again? And explain to her in great detail how she's obviously illiterate or has a rare form of amnesia where she forgets important information instantly? Really lay into her and let her know she's a moron and that you don't wish to sell glasses to morons.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            Me: "...and if you're still not happy and demanding more, then I'm taking back these discounts and you will get nothing!"

Hey, we can dream. Can't we?
            or:
            "... And we reserve the right to refuse service. GTFO MAH STORE!"

Comment

Working...
            X