Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yell over to the customer service desk or where ever you get change, "I'm gonna need rolls n rolls of pennies here..."

Comment

Quoth Evandril View Post
      I'm guessing showing up at the yard sale with a $50 would be 'bad'? And then delivering the same line to them, in a nice cheerful tone?
      Their fragile heads wouldn't make the connection, not even years later as they look back upon their younger days with stars in their eyes...
      Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth MrsEclipse View Post
        Their fragile heads wouldn't make the connection, not even years later as they look back upon their younger days with stars in their eyes...
        "When the players look at the princess, you should make it abundantly clear that the light shining in her eyes is coming straight through the back of her head." --Castle Greyhawk; TSR
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth veniteangeli View Post
          I JUST GOT HERE! YOU just got here! The store's been open two and a half minutes, and you think I can deal with a $100?! GTFO.
          I can do you one better -- I was delivering papers to convenience stores a couple of days ago, and I step aside to let the three customers who were in the store deal with the cashier first.

They had just done a shift change ... And you get a gold star if you see where this is going.

ALL THREE of them paid with $100 bills .... and they sure as hell hadn't made $80 purchases, either. The cashier who was leaving had to just let the replacement make change out of the money she just finished counting down and re-do her closing all over again >_<
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One day, I was broke and borrowed money from a friend. All he had was a 50, so that's what he gave me, even though I just wanted cigarette money. So, I went to the store and could tell by the look on the clerk's face that I was going to wipe her drawer out. I apologized and offered to go and try to find enough change in my car to pay for them and she lent me the money from her purse. You better believe that I made a point of paying her back the next day!

Comment

I always ask the cashier first, if they can break a large(r) bill. If the answer is no, I provide some other method of payment. Once at WM, she said, "Oh sure, no problem!" She then took my bill over to try to find a manager to get change at the office. What could have been a two minute transaction took ten minutes. I'm sure the folks behind me were happy....
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Am I the only one to think that there's a very easy way for her to get single dollar bills?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                  Am I the only one to think that there's a very easy way for her to get single dollar bills?

Rapscallion
                  ....not anymore, you aren't. XD
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                  X