This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrogant jerk

I had an escalated call transferred to me. The rep who transferred the call to me said that the customer didn't have any of his information, so I tell my buddy, send the caller through.

I found the customer information. Turned out it was the customer's dad calling in to change a method of payment;he was paying for his son's unit. While I'm trying to find the information, the caller(I'll call him Russian Dad) is berating me about the hold time and the questions I am asking, and why can't I do a simple thing. I apologize foir the hold time-busy season is here-and for the questions, stating that I have to, it's my job.

Anyway, when I find the account, I ask for the security code.Russian Dad doesn't have it. I start to ask other questions to verify. Dad says he's tired of answering questions, why can't I do something simple. I offer to call his son to verify the security, or he can call his son, or his son can call in.He says he's tired of dealing with me, and hangs up.

Sorry about your luck, RD!
    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Too bad, so sad IMO. If you can't pass the security questions, then the person on the phone can't help you.

But of course (in his eyes at least) you were unhelpful b/c by doing your job, you made it difficult for him.

Nevermimd the fact that his son should have been calling to begin with.

Don't beat yourself up . . . he ain't worth the rise in blood pressure. I highly recommend a drink or two to take the edge off.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working in health insurance, I get those on a daily basis. Wife calls in wanting to know about husband's claims. It's great, if we have an authorization on file. If not, I need to have hubby's permission to discuss his claims. Just 'being married' doesn't cut it. We don't know if you're separated, in the middle of a nasty divorce, or what the situation is. Same problem with somebody calling for benefits, and they don't have the ID #, or even know the mailing address where we should be sending any paperwork.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Same here in pensions. People call up for their husband or wife and always go "But they wanted me to call because they're at work. I know their date of birth and address, give me the information now!". Technically I suppose they could give the details to someone of the correct sex and get them to call, but that's why any change of address gets sent to the new and the old addresses, just in case.
        I remember one where a guy called up, gave details and said he wanted to give the money to his ex-wife so could we send out the forms directly to her. Thankfully the answer's no (without a court-authorised pension sharing order anyway) and I sent out a full explanation of why to the address on the system. Turns out it was the ex-wife's new man calling up to try and steal the pension, having been supplied with the details by her. That could have turned out rather unpleasantly if we'd actually sent out the information to the ex.

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
          Working in health insurance, I get those on a daily basis. Wife calls in wanting to know about husband's claims. It's great, if we have an authorization on file. If not, I need to have hubby's permission to discuss his claims. Just 'being married' doesn't cut it. We don't know if you're separated, in the middle of a nasty divorce, or what the situation is. Same problem with somebody calling for benefits, and they don't have the ID #, or even know the mailing address where we should be sending any paperwork.
          I totally get the "can't give out health info on spouse without spouse's consent" thing, not every couple share everything with each other, and there are definitely situations where one would want to keep something to themselves, and have that right.

It can be carried a bit far, though. Our base hospital had this rule, no records could be given to spouses unless they had a signed form in their records stating it was ok. So far, so good. However, staff were not allowed to actually tell anyone of the existence of this form unless they specifically asked about it. You read that right, if you asked for a form to sign to allow your spouse to view your records, they would give it to you, put it in your records, and all would be well. But they would not tell you that such a form existed so you could ask for it.

Considering at that time a person had to go from one end of the hospital to the other and pick up their records before an appointment or going to the emergency room, and without the form your spouse couldn't go get your records while you waited (a major point if you're there for something that makes walking painful), it would have been a lot more help for people to actually know the form existed, instead of just being told policy prohibits a spouse from picking up records.

Catch 22 is alive and well

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Fortunately, we have some leeway. If the spouse can tell me what they were seen for, and demonstrate that they are legitimaely involved, then I can release information. We do volunteer to send out the forms, and I normally send out 2-3 (minimum) per day.

The ones I love are when mommy or daddy wants to know what their 18-26 year old child went to the Dr. for. Just beause they're 'your baby', they're now a legal adult, and I need to have verification that you are entitled to that information.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Yes, I can see that. Giving away information to a spouse who loves and stands by their partner is perfectly reasonable. But you have no way to know if you're talking to the loving Queen of Cups or the, shall we say, unpleasant Queen of Swords, who can use anything against her King should she wish to harm him.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
              X