X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You, sir, are an A**hat.

Couple of recent sucks from my world:

I spoke to a customer on the phone Monday about an item he was interested in and assured him that IF we had it in stock he could order it Tuesday and pick it up Wednesday. I was off Tuesday, my assistant (Who is awesome and has just as sarcastic a sense of humor as I do with a markedly lower tolerance for idiots) took another call from this customer. The item he had asked about the day before but had not requested a hold on had sold in the meantime. He then states that if we don't find him three by no later than mid-day Thursday, he's never shopping with us again. Ordinarily, both my assistant and I would point out to this charmer that we offered to hold the item and he declined, therefore not our issue and have a nice day. However, our DM was standing in front of my assistant during the call so she had to cave and call another of our locations to have them ship us the three items.

Fast forward to Thursday. My assistant is off and I'm making sure this asshat's order is in and correct and guess who calls? That's right, it's asshat. He keeps me on the phone for nearly 15 minutes, hemming and hawing about an item that he saw on the website that he wants for his mother. (the other 3 items were groomsmen's gifts. Yes, some woman is actually marrying this asshat.) The whole time, I'm trying to one, find out what it is because we don't carry everything the website does and if I don't have a sku number it's almost impossible for me to find it. Once he finally tells me what it is and I am able to tell whether or not we have it he asks me in the most condescending tone imaginable if he can pick it up with his other order. That's the point where my tone gets very clipped and I assure him that since we do have it in stock, yes both orders can be picked up together. When he actually came in, he was just as condescending. He even LOOKED like an asshat. I wasn't rude back, but I definitely wasn't nearly as friendly as I normally am. I have a pretty long fuse and it's hard to get under my skin, but people who talk down to retail workers are one of my hot buttons. My assistant and I both have college degrees and we both graduated with honors. We aren't either of us lacking in the intelligence department. Don't talk down to us, we don't talk down to you.

The second suck was one that happened to my assistant:

She was taking a phone order and had been for some few minutes when a woman walks in. My assistant greeted her and continued to process the phone order. She had reached the part where she was taking payment when the woman walked up to her with an item in her hand. My assistant excused herself to the customer on the phone and asked the woman if she had a question.

The woman said, "I want this."
    My assistant replied, "Great! I'll be right with you." Cue CBF from the woman.
    "But, I'M HERE."
    "Ma'am, I'm taking payment on a phone order. I'll be with you in just a moment."
    "But, I'M RIGHT HERE."
    "Ma'am, I was already helping this customer before you came in. We're nearly done, it will only be a moment." She resumed the call, the payment processed, and she turned her attention to the woman, who continued to give her a hard time for helping a customer on the phone.

I could understand if she had been in the store first, but, really?

It'd be funny if you followed the asshole to the location to where he's getting married, then either yell as the bride is entering or exiting, "DON'T MARRY THAT JERK!"

Comment

Quoth Gimli View Post
      Couple of recent sucks from my world:

The second suck was one that happened to my assistant:

She was taking a phone order and had been for some few minutes when a woman walks in. My assistant greeted her and continued to process the phone order. She had reached the part where she was taking payment when the woman walked up to her with an item in her hand. My assistant excused herself to the customer on the phone and asked the woman if she had a question.

The woman said, "I want this."
      My assistant replied, "Great! I'll be right with you." Cue CBF from the woman.
      "But, I'M HERE."
      "Ma'am, I'm taking payment on a phone order. I'll be with you in just a moment."
      "But, I'M RIGHT HERE."
      "Ma'am, I was already helping this customer before you came in. We're nearly done, it will only be a moment." She resumed the call, the payment processed, and she turned her attention to the woman, who continued to give her a hard time for helping a customer on the phone.

I could understand if she had been in the store first, but, really?
      I can understand a customer being a bit annoyed when the cashier answers the phone during a transaction (though I realize sometimes they're doing a balancing act trying to keep phones & in-store customers taken care of and it may be necessary at times), but geez, when a cashier is already with a customer, the cashier is with a customer, whether it 's phone or in-store. I'm sure that SC would be the first to scream & yell if she were on the phone and the cashier hung up on her mid-transaction because a customer walked into the store.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        I'm sure that SC would be the first to scream & yell if she were on the phone and the cashier hung up on her mid-transaction because a customer walked into the store.
        Agreed. This sort of person doesn't care that you're with a customer, they want you to take care of HER as a customer. Not only are workers beneath her, but so are all the other customers.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A lot of people have this belief that customers who are there in person are more important than customers on the phone, regardless of when the call came in. So they're all huffy and insulted if you don't bend over backward to serve them and ignore everyone else.

But, of course, if they were the one on the phone, they'd want you to ignore the customers in the store.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X