This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Likely Story

So we nabbed a guy for using a fake parking permit the other night.

Not a terribly bad one, but not a terribly good one either. It was mediocre at best, looked legit until you got within arms-length, but that wasn't the fun part. The fun part was he denied he had made it himself. He said he'd just found it lying in the ground, in the middle of the parking lot, and decided, what the hey, why not use it and get some free parking because he was, like, going to be visiting for a few days? Ya know? And whatnot....

Not that it would have made a difference, he still had to fork it over to get his car back. But the fun part was how, on the inside, I was a bit, ahem, skeptical of that explaination. See, I'd been carrying around the license plate number and description of his car in my head all that night just WAITING for him to use that lot so we could pounce on him for the fake permit.

Why?

Because I'd already come across his car earlier in the day when I was down at the local chinese place, minding my own business and just happened to casually glance at the cars parked out front at the parking meters in the street and noticed his had a fake permit in it. Like I said, it wasn't BAD, but it wasn't GOOD either....

And this particular property company has the addresses of the apartments their permits are for written on them....

And I'm GOOD at remembering things, like car models/colors/license plates...

You might as well have phoned me and told me you were going to try and fake it

You might as well have left me a note on my facebook page that you were going to fake it.

You might as well have just driven over to the garage and knocked on the gate of the impound so I could let you in and park....

But on the plus side, this way I did get some entertainment out of your lousy attempt at fiction, your willing suspension of disbelief needs work, by the way.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

It's almost kind of sad when you all ready know the excuse he's going to use and he actually follows through. At the same time everyone enjoys a good barrel full of fish now and again.

Comment

Thats like saying 'Well, I just found this credit card on the ground and decided to use it', I didnt know it was forged/stolen!!'

Comment

My cat would certainly enjoy a barrel full of fish. Or even a fishbowl full of fish.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

You might as well have phoned me and told me you were going to try and fake it

You might as well have left me a note on my facebook page that you were going to fake it.

You might as well have just driven over to the garage and knocked on the gate of the impound so I could let you in and park....
          You forgot skywriting and those banners they tow (no pun intended) behind planes...

Comment

Working...
          X