This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Yeah, but they NEVER break down at the T/A (Or the Flying J across the street) it's always 4 exits up the line in either Clearfield or Jersey Shore, where the towns pretty much hang a "Sorry, We're Closed" sign on the Exit ramp at about 10 pm.....
    The people you tow wouldn't be able to get repairs at the TA anyway. One time, out of curiosity, I asked at a TA in PA, and was told that (licensing issue I assume) they wouldn't touch cars, not even to patch a flat tire (pretty much the only area where cars and trucks need the same parts). From your posts, I get the impression that you drive a regular tow truck, not one of the monsters that can bring a semi to the repair shop.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Indeed, and that's another thing people don't get, there's a maximum SAFE limit to how much WEIGHT a light duty truck can haul

I can't do your 55' pusher RV, or your Tri axle, no matter how much you whinge and whine that everyone else is too expensive, because they're using heavy-duty rates, as they should
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Indeed, and that's another thing people don't get, there's a maximum SAFE limit to how much WEIGHT a light duty truck can haul
        There's a maximum SAFE limit to how much weight ANY truck can haul, and I doubt if your truck is light-duty. All the ordinary (i.e. for cars) tow trucks were 250/350 (or 2500/3500) series (depending on brand). Those are class 2/class 3, which are the low end of medium duty. Light duty would be 150 (Ford) or 1500 (Dodge/GM), and I've never seen one of them set up as a tow truck.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's considered "light duty" since it can "only" safely tow up to a F350/GM 3500 series truck, anything bigger, call someone else

And it's an F450 chassis
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

On the subject of flat spares... does nobody carry a pump any more?

Comment

As an aside, you shouldn't really be working on your vehicle drunk, let alone driving it. It's pretty bad when I'm coated in gasoline and can smell beer on you from 6 feet away.
              Please tell me he didn't DRIVE to your store? Sounds like a good time to call the cops on him...

Comment

Working...
              X