Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my god what a total Fuckwad. Glad the boss did not take the word of a clearly lying toerag. Hurray for bass with spine who actually cares about his staff.

Comment

I, too, have been in CW's shoes, many times over. I'm now an assistant manager at a different store than I started at. At the store I'm at now, everyone is a regular. We know them by name. If we don't, then we're friendly to them anyway, the way your CW was. Never have we had a complaint, that I'm aware of. That guy was beyond an SC, beyond an EW, just...there are no words to describe him. Your CW will go on to do great things, and don't let him forget it. Also, you and your boss are awesome! Kudos!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

'Oh for ****sake, you're in a pub you @$$hole, not a five star stuck up restaurent, I'll call you pal or bub or whatever the hell I want. If you don't like it get the f out.'

errr.... editted for diplomacy sake of course. I'd love to see what would have happened if you'd dealt with this guy the first time CRML, or better yet if this ass ever walked in and did this at Jester's place.

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
          'Oh for ****sake, you're in a pub you @$$hole, not a five star stuck up restaurent, I'll call you pal or bub or whatever the hell I want. If you don't like it get the f out.'

errr.... editted for diplomacy sake of course. I'd love to see what would have happened if you'd dealt with this guy the first time CRML, or better yet if this ass ever walked in and did this at Jester's place.
          I would be offering a year's worth of specialty brownies to the person who recorded that meeting. I'm almost wishing it would happen, not that I wish that arse on Jester, but Jester of all people could take him on and wipe the floor with him. We all know this.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            SC: Pal? Pal? I am not your pal. You don’t get to address me in that manner.
            CW: Oh...I’m sorry.
            SC: That is so rude. What does pal mean in your special little language? You do
            I'm not your pal, friend!

Also, in my elementary school, we had an acronym for "P.A.L." It meant "Personal Ass Licker"
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              I'm not your pal, friend!
              And I'm not your friend, buddy!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

SC: When I walk up to this bar, you address me as Sir
                "Unless the Queen has knighted you, you have no right to be addressed as Sir, PAL !"
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

"Sir..so that means you don't work for a living?"

*laughs* My Drill Sergent used to love being called sir. Because that meant he got to get right in somebodys face and yell "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I DON'T WORK FOR A LIVING?!!"
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
                    a. You are awesome for backing up your CW & dealing with the SC. You seriously rock.

b. Your boss is cool.

So much win!
                    So much love for you, the CW & your boss
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I think the biggest chuckle was when SC called the service "common". In a pub. Err, what else is it supposed to be?
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I especially love how he described you as "not wearing glasses." lolol. Unless a majority of your co-workers do in fact wear glasses, this descriptor is useless. It's like saying "And he was not wearing a red shirt!" It does nothing to help anyone identify you whatsover. Thanks customersruinmylife, I actually did laugh out loud on this one

Comment

WTF? No, seriously, WTF? What rock did that guy crawl out from under? Somebody needs to go put that rock back.

I do think your boss should send him a note saying, "we fired the short guy." If he's that delusional, he probably won't recognize you if he ever comes back.
                          Last edited by MoonCat; 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
                            I'd love to see what would have happened if you'd dealt with this guy the first time CRML, or better yet if this ass ever walked in and did this at Jester's place.
                            Ask and ye shall receive....

SC: When I walk up to this bar, you address me as Sir, and you say “How may I serve you today?” Do you understand me?
                            "I understand you perfectly. Now you understand ME. This is a BAR. Not a country club, not a high society gathering, not an elite restaurant catering to the high and mighty where you can be a condescending dickhead to the staff. It's a fucking BAR. So, people here are going to be casual and friendly, two things you clearly have no concept of. So why don't you save yourself and us a whole shitload of trouble and get the fuck out?"

Okay, that is not probably what would happen. That is what I would like to happen, especially since I often address people at my bar similarly, as in, "What can I get you, my friends?"

What would PROBABLY be my actual response would be more like this:

"Ex-CUSE me? Don't talk to me like that! I am hear to serve you food and drink, but not to be your bloody servant. If you can't treat me with the respect you think you yourself deserve, feel free to get the hell out of my bar!"

Or even more likely:

"Ex-CUSE me? If you're gonna speak to me like THAT, get the HELL OUT of my bar!"

Me: I’ve got *burger meal*?
                            SC: Well, that’s no way to address a customer! You should say “Good day sir, I’ve got-“
                            Me: Save it.
                            Classic. Purely, simply, classic!
                            I ate my meal feeling very hurt that I had just been attacked without provocation.

Apparently he has a different definition of "without provocation" than I do. Or than anyone I know does. Since he, after being greeted in a friendly manner by a friendly bartender, ATTACKED said bartender and made it clear he expected to be GROVELED to.

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                            It's why I hate it when people take crap like this letter at face value, because it never occurs to them that the "offended" party could be embellishing.
                            By "embellishing" you mean "flat out lying," right?

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                            That guy was beyond an SC, beyond an EW, just...there are no words to describe him.
                            I accept your challenge!

Here are some words that would be appropriate to describe the guy in the story:

Ass, asshole, asshat, ass clown, ass monkey, jackass, dumbass, dumb, dick, dickhead, prick, cock, cocksucker, scum, scumsucker, douche, douchebag, douchepotamus, fuck, fucker, fuckhead, fuckwad, motherfucker, idiot, imbecile, irritating, moron, moronic, shit, shithead, shitter, dip, dippy, dipshit, turd, troll, twit, nitwit, halfwit, witless, brainless, jerk, jerkoff, jerkface, obnoxious, bottom-feeder, sanctimonious, joker, low, slow, foul, vile, vicious, disgusting, debasing, depraved, condescending, foul, repulsive, puke-inducing, and all-around piece of shit.

No, I'd say you're wrong...there are quite a few words to describe him!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

After finishing my mediocre meal, I approached the bar and asked for the young man’s name, which he refused to give. I can only describe him at four foot tall with brown hair and was not wearing glasses.
                              "Oh, you must've been served by Frodo Baggins! Don't worry, he's new but he's learning. Have some complimentary lembas on your next visit!"

The guy was a putz. I'm glad your boss realized it and treated the letter of complaint with all the respect it deserved: none!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can only describe him at four foot tall with brown hair and was not wearing glasses.
                                well CRML may appear to be only 4 feet tall from the high horse SC was sitting on....
                                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                                X