Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my iPad to stop doing this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my iPad to stop doing this?

So I had typed out a whole long post that I was going to put up here, and left the tab for another one to try to find something related. Was gone for about ten minutes or so. And when I returned to the original tab, the one with CS.com in it, I was faced with a completely blank "new post" page, with all my work gone.

This has happened before, where my iPad "resets" a page when I am out of that tab too long. With Facebook, it just means I lose my place on the scroll and get refreshed to the top. Annoying, but wherever. With CS.com, it means losing a lot of work that I had put into a post.

This is not something that ever happens on my laptop, so clearly it is something to do with the iPad. Anyone know of any way to fix this?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

I've never figured it out. It happens because it reloads the page, I don't know how to make it not do that. I don't know if it happens on other types of tablets.

Comment

Interesting... I went to Google. Types in "ipad stop br" and the top suggestion was "ipad stop browser refresh". Looks like you are not alone. A number of people are annoyed by this.

Most of the articles state that it is a feature to save memory.

A number of them recommend using Opera instead of Safari.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

As a stop-gap measure, you might try selecting your text and copying it. Doing the same elsewhere will bump it out, but if you're just looking around elsewhere, it'll be in mem when you go back to the refreshed page.

Comment

What I do sometimes is I copy the text and drop it into the Notes app. Then when I'm finished I take it back to Safari.

Comment

My android tab does this. If I'm going to switch to another window, I try to remember to copy whatever I've typed to the notepad and then paste if I have to. Another message board I am a member of has an auto-save feature because a little while back the board kept going down. Maybe that could be instituted here? They're both vbulletin boards.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If you do figure out how to do that, I'll be interested too. It does that on my iPhone so it's not just an iPad thing. And it is incredibly annoying. It also doesn't matter what browser is being used it seems either.

I'd also like to know how to stop it from signing me out of hotmail too.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
              X