X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Gulf Coast Weather? Really?

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day...+USTX0499:1:US

Last year it rained when we visited the coast. This year it looks like it's gonna happen again. What the hell weather?
    I'm about ready to give up on visiting the Gulf and spend a gazillion dollars on Disneyworld.

Oh hell. I know it's frustrating that your vacation choice has rain. I wouldn't like it either, except that I like rain ;-)

Here in North Carolina, we have had horrendous rain for almost three weeks. I'm not talking about a drizzle, I'm talking downpours EVERY SINGLE DAY with 30 - 50 mph wind almost every day . It has rained sideways more times than I can count! Everywhere is flooded. Just south of me, an entire bridge washed out, and people that used to access that bridge to go to and from their homes are SOL.

On the other hand, I lived in Florida, close to Disneyworld. In the summer, it rains torrentially, but only for at the most a half hour each day. Watch the weather reports and plan your Disney experience accordingly. I found that, if I was playing the tourist, I would go early, get the hand stamp and leave around 1pm. Then go back after about 5pm and enjoy the rest of the evening.

Again, weather can suck sometimes. It just takes a little planning to get around it :-D

Have a great vacation, wherever you end up!

Comment

Working...
    X