This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any dream interpreters out there?

This is the site I visit with the most diverse membership, so I thought I'd ask this question here. I'm a big believer in dreams having meaning, though not necessarily literal to the dream itself. I had a really strange dream this afternoon and it's bothering me, so I wanted opinions.

First, a little background. Last week I had a huge fight with the boyfriend. I actually decided to end things, but he's persistent. He fell over himself apologizing for his behavior and I decided to give him a second chance, though of course I'm a bit more guarded this time around. Throughout this, he has called me several times every day just to chat. We've kept it superficial, and the chats have been pleasant. Before anybody asks about the number of times he calls, he's a long haul trucker, so he gets bored and chatting on the phone helps the miles go by faster, so I don't mind that he calls as often as he does. Heck, even when we're getting along I rarely see him more than one day a week, so the chatting is nice.

The second bit of background to know is that I've been helping out one of my parents' former foster kids, who's all grown now with a baby of her own. Child Protection is on her ass and threatening to take the baby, who's not quite six months old. The mother is also 22 weeks pregnant again, and it is high risk because of the short time between delivery of the first and conception of the second. Last night I spent the night in the ER with mom and baby, taking on primary caregiving duties to the baby and allowing mom to sleep. Again today I took on primary care for the same reasons. Mom is technically on bedrest and is not supposed to be even lifting the baby, and by bringing them both to my house, she can still "care" for her baby while resting on my living room couch.

At some point the baby took a nap, and since I was running on about an hour's worth of sleep, I took a nap as well. This is when the strange dream happened.

So, here's the dream:

I'm riding along with the bf in his semi. We're heading towards what I want to say is the Chesapeake Bay (from the feeling in the dream, I have no idea why I think that's what the location was). Before we get to the bay we get to this bridge that starts off on a cliff (which makes no sense based on the "location"). Instead of going straight across, the road takes a sudden and impossibly steep downgrade until it is right over the water. The boyfriend handles the truck beautifully and gets it to the straight portion of the road and begins driving over it. The road buckles a little bit and the cab starts filling with water. I have an in-dream blackout, and "come to" sitting in some sort of bay side restaurant. The boyfriend is there, along with my father, tending to my needs and making sure I am okay. My in-dream self doesn't understand why I'm not in a hospital, but everything seems okay, so I prepare to leave. As I'm preparing to leave, I have a brief moment of confusion as to whether I should go with my father or the boyfriend. I wind up leaving with the boyfriend, in his now perfectly clean, dry truck.

So, CS friends, what do you think?
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

You're on a road (of life) with your BF. You hit that downgrade (arguments, possible break up). He handles it well (your subconscious believes his apologies are sincere).

Water represents emotions. You've been awash in them for a while. Your dad represents security (he's taking care of you--you would like to be taken care of for a change, instead of doing the care-taking for someone else, which can be a bit of a burden even if you don't mind doing it).

You decide to continue on with your BF instead of going back to the security of being taken care of.

Them's my two cents
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

In a shocking development, I dumped the boyfriend's sorry behind an hour or so ago.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
      X