This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something sweet?

So I'm craving something sweet, don't have ice cream, and only chocolate chips...

anyone have an idea for something I can make/bake to curve this sweet?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

You have flour and eggs and such? Try chocolate cookies?
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I've got a reasonably stocked pantry, flour, sugar (white and brown), vanilla, baking soda/powder, cocoa powder...

looking for reciepes too....I'm reasonably good cook, but I'm looking for a semi quick fix.

I don't have any vanilla ice cream or I'd be making my self saucing chocolate pudding cake
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Simple and tasty.

http://candy.about.com/od/toffeereci...ine_toffee.htm

I like to top it with crushed Heath Bar. Peppermint is also good.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Simplest method is to put the chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave until they are melty, mash them into a pudding, and eat them that way. yummy.

Comment

welp.....5 dozen cookies later I've made from scratch, double chocolate chocolate chip cookies!

2 satisfied the craving....but like hell I'm sharing with the gaming group tomorrow...what if this craving comes back!?

Comment

Another good quick fix is Idiot Proof Fudge. One bag of chocolate chips, melted. Mix in one can of sweetened condensed milk and anything else you'd like to add in (nuts, candy pieces, chopped up dried fruit, etc). Spread in a pan lined with wax paper or foil or plastic, chill for an hour or so and cut it into pieces. Or just eat it straight from the bowl.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Bit late but for the future... if I get a sudden cake craving, can't beat a nice gooey chocolate mug cake. Only takes a few mins & cooks in the microwave.

A quick Google will throw up lots of yummy recipes to try
                Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                  Another good quick fix is Idiot Proof Fudge. One bag of chocolate chips, melted. Mix in one can of sweetened condensed milk and anything else you'd like to add in (nuts, candy pieces, chopped up dried fruit, etc). Spread in a pan lined with wax paper or foil or plastic, chill for an hour or so and cut it into pieces. Or just eat it straight from the bowl.
                  This is exactly what I was going to suggest.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                  X