This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook status

I posted this as my Facebook status after work last night: "Aliens don't have to abduct me. I'm willing to go with them."
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Same here. Well, as long as Lois can go too *laughs*
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I'll have to borrow that one for my next 'I don't want to live on this planet any more' moment.
      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

A few days later, I still feel that way. Any time now, aliens.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I've decided to matters into my own hands since the aliens haven't responded yet. I'm going to build my own spaceship and go find them. I have two coworkers who've asked to join me when I depart. Maybe I can offer free passes to those who are willing to help me build the ship. Anyone else can buy a ticket to help offset the cost of materials and other expenses. Goodbye cruel world!

Comment

On topic of Facebook, Housemate returned with news from her manager a few days ago. Said manager - he's lovely - got dragged to a corporate social media meeting where they affirmed their belief that everyone who has them on their FB work history, current or not, is acting as a 'public officer' of the company and anything posted is to them as good as a public statement from the company. Your comment about that cat picture is now our press release!!

>.<

So we purged our work history last night; I worked for them too, and it was the easiest thing to do in response. We replaced them with something nonsensical.

I now work for the Cytherean Central Scribal Office.
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

So, the company is trying to commandeer your Facebook? Am I reading that right?

Comment

"Beam me up, Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here!"

Or, if you prefer,

"Beam me up, Scotty! It says it's pregnant!!!"

Been waiting for my alien abduction for years...
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                  So, the company is trying to commandeer your Facebook? Am I reading that right?
                  I don't know exactly what was said, but if they're attempting to commandeer our profiles then it sounds like they're only doing it passively, rather than actively. They just want to make sure that their workers know anything they say while they have this employer on their work history could be 'misinterpreted' as a public statement - you know how some public comments on news sites have your employer or school next to your name, like that. That or either making them look bad.

Considering they barely use FB publicly anyway... we just decided to escape the mess and put in fake new workplaces
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I'm not saying it's aliens, but...

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post
                      I'll have to borrow that one for my next 'I don't want to live on this planet any more' moment.
                      Yeah, I'd have to say that almost every day I could go off in a spaceship and not look back.

Just need to remember to pack enough smokes and my charging cable for my phone (I would think that most modern spaceships come with iPhone docks or at least an empty outlet to plug into.)

Speaking of alien abudctions, wonder if they're still taking applications here . . .
                      Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 07-07-2013, 12:23 AM.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

yeah, can I join too? Aliens would be better than the current lot of humans I'm dealing with!
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                        X