Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I say if that judge grants this idiot bail again I say you give us the judge's name so we can all make sure he gets voted OUT of office next month!

Comment

• Um, I agree that the judge should not be giving bail to this obviously violent offender....but since most of us in here are not registered voters in California, nor in said judge's district, how exactly would we get him voted out of office? And that is assuming that (a) judges in California in general can be voted out of office, (b) that this judge holds a seat that is a particular one that can be voted out of office, and (c) that this seat is up for election in this election.

I agree with the sentiment, I just don't think it is very practical as far as doability.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

• I think at the conclusion, this thread should be up there with Vinegar Boy.

Comment

• Quoth erik316wttn View Post
          I think at the conclusion, this thread should be up there with Vinegar Boy.
          I second that.
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

• Bump-itty-bump....

Any updates?

Comment

• Nah, and there won't be till December. Depends on what happens between now and then. Aything pertinant and I'll let you all know though.
              "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• Ahahahah! I Love You!

Comment

• UPDATE:

I got served a summons! I'm being sued by the guy for his medical bills and dental work (around 70k so far, with the stipulation that I would be responsible for any future medical bills as a result of the injuries I inflicted.) This is coming around in two weeks with the preliminary hearing with a different judge than the one who gave this asshole bail. I go in on December 4th for this. Where the fuck he got the money from to attempt to sue me, I have no idea. But I'm sure there's always going to be SOME lawyer willing to take the case.

Do they have late night TV in prison? I could swear they do, after this...

Now, the way this preliminary hearing works, is that the judge hears both sides of it and then determines if there is enough evidence for it to go to a full blown trial or not.

I'm not getting a lawyer, I'm representing myself, at least, at this level. I got all the paperwork from the original incident, the restraining order, the paperwork/bloodwork from the second incident, and I plan on going talk to my buddy at the police station and getting copies of all the photographs that were taken that night.

Plus, I'm going to get a good tan. Why? When you tan a fresh scar, it looks UGLY. It's going to turn into this long deep purple thing on my skin. I hope it ends up being really hot that day so I can wear a short sleeved shirt.

My plan is to get this thrown out and make the judge see that both incidents were self defense.

This is separate from the state trial, which has a starting date of Dec. 19th.

So, one question. Should I go to the courthouse dressed as Phoenix Wright?
                  "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                    UPDATE:

I got served a summons! I'm being sued by the guy for his medical bills and dental work (around 70k so far, with the stipulation that I would be responsible for any future medical bills as a result of the injuries I inflicted.) This is coming around in two weeks with the preliminary hearing with a different judge than the one who gave this asshole bail. I go in on December 4th for this. Where the fuck he got the money from to attempt to sue me, I have no idea. But I'm sure there's always going to be SOME lawyer willing to take the case.

What. The. Hell????????
                    This is beyond insanity. MUCH worse than the lawsuit DH and I got hit with (and won).
                    We need super-duper-pineapples, extremely express!!!!! (For both DipS*** and the landshark involved)
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• You really should get a lawyer. I've learned that, just like court, whether or not you come out as a winner depends on how well you can "sell yourself". A good lawyer will not only prove beyond any doubts at all that it's all on his end but you could very well counter-sue for wound on your arm and the resulting scar.

Get a lawyer. Besides, he's the one that knows how the court system works, in and out and can file the proper paperwork in its right place and make sure you dont get a raw deal.

Comment

• I agree. Get a lawyer. He's got one, after all. And you know what they say...a man who represents himself in court has a fool for a client.

Get one and counter sue for the expense.

Comment

• I'd be countersuing his countersue... :head explodes:

I'll have a handful of lawyer friends and I will see if there is anything I can work out with them. I have no money at the moment to afford a lawyer, not even the ones that show on late night TV (nor would I want to)

I make a living out of selling myself, so we shall see :-)

I don't even know if he HAS a lawyer, or if he does, it's probably one provide to him by the state. Miranda law, and all that.

Comment

• If you were injured I think they'll go after him without charging you anything initially.

Comment

• WHAT THE !?!?!?! This dumbass is suing you for his medical bills!?!?! He assaulted you first, you act in self defense because he came across as hostile. He then tries to assault you again, and you act in self defense and he's now suing you for his damages and bills!?!?!?! WTF? Where the hell does he get off thinking he can get you. By all means get a lawyer man and get a good tan. That is the best way to sell yourself to the judge. The guy should not be allowed a chance at all IMO but sadly he is. If you friends that are lawyers by gord talk to them. The only thing I hope for you is that he makes plenty of new "friends" if he ends up in prison. No way in hell should you be paying his expenses, he has to suffer.

EDIT:
                              Kusanagi said: So, one question. Should I go to the courthouse dressed as Phoenix Wright?
                              Haha, you'd be wearing a suit and that would cover your scar but the best way to do it is a short sleeve shirt.
                              Last edited by ArenaBoy; 11-15-2006, 10:00 PM. Reason: Adding some stuff
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

• I have to agree, even if you can't afford a lawyer, find a reputable one that provides free consultations, and go for that just to see what he says. Also, many places have legal aid offices, and they may be able to get you someone to at the very least help with the filings. The legal system has alot of red tape, and missing a deadline, or filing something in the wrong place can lose your whole case. I would hate to see this go through on a technicality.
                                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working...
                                X