This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooooooh you suckkkkk!!!!

On my way home from grocery shopping, as I was preparing to pull onto the highway, a woman in a black Mercedes suddenly darted from the left lane (this was a two lane divided road) directly to the on ramp. I had to slam on the brakes hard to avoid being creamed.

As I did that, all of my groceries came sliding from the back, across the folded-down rear seats, and slammed into the front seat backs. One item - a five pound bag of whole wheat flour - came in between the front seats. It crashed into the gear stick, knocking it from "drive" to "neutral," then broke open and landed in the front passenger footwell and exploded!!!

OMFG flour was EVERYWHERE!!!! Just look at these pics! What they don't adequately show is the fine costing of flour that covered almost the whole front of the car, and me.

I laid on the horn for far longer than would otherwise have been necessary.

Oh, and did I mention this is my WIFE'S car???

If you'll excuse me, I need to bust out the shop vac......
    Attached Files
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

a bag of Smartfood Popcorn (for those unfamiliar, this is a brand of white cheddar popcorn) also broke open, my bread got smushed, and the cap on the bottle of fabric softener loosened and leaked

Incredibly, the eggs didn't break.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      As I did that, all of my groceries came sliding from the back, across the folded-down rear seats, and slammed into the front seat backs. One item - a five pound bag of whole wheat flour - came in between the front seats. It crashed into the gear stick, knocking it from "drive" to "neutral," then broke open and landed in the front passenger footwell and exploded!!!
      Going forwards, have you got any kind of strapping or net you can string across inside the car? If not, is it feasible to put most of the groceries in the boot with the back seats up, then the rest in the rear and passenger seat foot wells, with any excess being strapped into seats with seat belts? Just advice from someone who had to do an emergency stop thanks to some idiot kid and ended up with take-away curry coating the inside of the windscreen...
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        On my way home from grocery shopping, as I was preparing to pull onto the highway, a woman in a black Mercedes suddenly darted from the left lane (this was a two lane divided road) directly to the on ramp.
        Some people are so centered on themselves they are utterly oblivious to the world around them. Or they can't be bothered to pay attention to what they're doing. Result, the rest of us pay for their lack of brains.

Sorry about your groceries, and the mess. I'm glad it wasn't worse, and you are okay.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The rear seats shouldn't have have been folded down. That would've prevented the flour from flying. We recently had to move a bunch of stuff and since we rarely have anyone in the back seat we hadn't bothered putting them back up.
          Last edited by Dave1982; 09-16-2019, 09:44 PM.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Years ago, back before my company issued us laptops and I was still bringing a briefcase to work, I was driving home, and had the briefcase sitting on the passenger seat. Some jackass ran a stop sign and I had to slam on the brakes to keep from getting hit, which caused the briefcase to go flying off of the seat and onto the floor.

That wouldn't have been so bad, except that I had a can of soda in the briefcase that I had brought to work but ended up not drinking. And the can ruptured. I had no idea until I got home and opened up the case. My CDs and the papers inside had soda all over them.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              Oh, and did I mention this is my WIFE'S car???
              Look at the bright side, it may look like the Three Stooges borrowed the car, but you are returning it to her in one piece. It's much easier to explain why there is flour everywhere than trying to explain why the front bumper is in the back seat.

Comment

Flour scattered can be cleaned up. The car is in one piece, AND SO ARE YOU. Give thanks that it's you cleaning flour, and not someone else scraping you out of the car.
                Yer wife will understand, especially after the careful detailing you give her car.

Comment

Or just buy her another car.

What, don't your dealers take thirty-eight cents plus some pocket lint for a new car?

... never mind ...
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                  X